So I had an interesting idea, but I haven't been able to get a band together or anything to pull a show and test it out.
You can get a lot of awesome effects using the Line6 Toneport
What if you ran it through a laptop, and played a show with it, like a rack effect or something. How do you guys think it would sound?
basically, it's the same as using a POD I guess, but I don't really have the money for one..or a need as of yet.
They are made to be in a studio setting, not a live situation and cant really be controlled by a foot pad.
If you had someone on screen, ou could run the outputs of the UX1 or UX2 to a PA and run like that live but once again, you need someone clicking like crazy to switch FX and such...

Just get a multi FX pedal like the line6 Live series.

Gearbox isnt all that great anyways IMO...
True.
I figured, if I wanted to have like, a rack reverb running for the whole time, or a certain amp tone, and just sit the laptop go and let it run through that, I figured it might be cool. Just to know if it works. Low budget, ya know? Haha
Quote by identityxcrysis
So I had an interesting idea, but I haven't been able to get a band together or anything to pull a show and test it out.
You can get a lot of awesome effects using the Line6 Toneport
What if you ran it through a laptop, and played a show with it, like a rack effect or something. How do you guys think it would sound?
basically, it's the same as using a POD I guess, but I don't really have the money for one..or a need as of yet.

I get a processing delay when i do that. I wouldn't recommend it.