hey, the final followup to that thread if any of you remember.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834146&page=1&highlight=mtv+made

the episode was on MTV this afternoon but its still up online here:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1586185&vid=239128 (5th section about 2:30 in).

Or at least i think its me it might be another kid whose about the same build as me in the school, i can't tell with the pads on. Although i is a good "UREH" on my part if it is me (i consciously made the effort to do so in the fight for you guys ) Theres also another short thing of me doing a back kick earlier on (that one i'm positive)

Anyway my role in the whole thing was reduced from "final battle opponent" to ".5 second clip in the middle training montage," which is disappointing. it was actually supposed to be a big playing up this Rocky vs. Apollo type rivalry arc throughout the show. The problem was they were filming constantly and i was only available weekends due to class. And the fact i ended up progressing much faster than him and had my purple belt by the time of the tourney ended up nixing the whole thing. The made kid fought a white belt who comes to class once a week and started the same time as him. So sorry for all the buildup and the anticlimactic ending.

But if you want an example of how stupid the show is this is it more than any other episode. Its so far away from martial arts its almost offensive (i also didn't like the fact they said he was doing karate, he did tae kwon do) And its unbelievably funny to see how much of this was staged. The ninjas were the stupidest part along with the "master's dojo in the middle of the serene wilderness" (actually a Christian retreat house). Having talked to the kid both during the filiming and after the show i can tell which scenes are completely bull-****ed or not.

post comments if you want to, otherwise sorry for wasting your 3 minutes or 60 if you actually watched the thing. heres a humorously bad phot of me for your amusement
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Jun 14, 2008,
I wanted to see someone from UG beat up some MTV kid. =(

Oh well.
Feed your mind.
This is awesome. I NEED to see this episode.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.

And the made coach gave the kid this headband with the tao symbol on it in this touching karate kid ripoff moment. Of course as he ties it around his head, the coach says "this is special and just for you. No one else is wearing a headband." Of course I'm RIGHT BEHIND the kid in the background wearing that blue headband i have on." They did three takes of that scene though. In one, I'm actually putting my headband on, as he says this. Another i'm in the shot with my headband on. They did a third though where i'm not really in the picture (so it depends on what shot they take). I was talking with the kid right after that and he noticed me doing this and thought it was hilarious (he's been kinda fed up with the staging after awhile.)

if you look in the other thread i wrote this. This was of course, going to be the funniest scene there and it got cut out. My whole shennanigans actually ruined this moment and its why they left it out (or so i'm told) apparently the one i wasn't in the shot got messed up somehow and they noticed me in the other two.

Mr. Lee (trainer in the show) got a bunch of the extra footage and i'll see if he has it and i'll post it.
You should have kicked his ASS.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
I hate how it's always staged, and even then they don't make it sometimes.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Wow...you're a celebrity, TS.

Nice.

i'm on tv and i only wasted .5 seconds of my fame. That leaves me with 14 min 59.50 sec left
So how was the MTV production crew? Were they telling you to do this and that? Was it scripted at all?

I'm really interested to find out if these shows are actually reality.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
So how was the MTV production crew? Were they telling you to do this and that? Was it scripted at all?

well if you haven't seen this first off theres these three ninjas that enter in throughout the show which is all bull****.

Theres a scene where he goes out into this old looking building in the middle of this serene snow swept forest to meet our grandmaster. He goes in and see's candles and chinese script and the master cooling sitting in the middle of the room. Its all cool until you remember this is south Wisconsin and its a retreat house that they staged the whole thing in.

There's also this nice scene where the made kid meditates on a rock overlooking this lake. Right behind him is a crappy strip mall and trailer park.

And let's just say all the dialog had multiple takes. And the actual final challenge he lost. They had a "redo" round and he ended up winning that one. Although he did win his board break and forms fair and square.

i can go on and on on almost any scene. Any one at the tourney or the dojo i can firsthand refute it since i'm usually near the cameraman (you can also see me standing to the side of the ring when he fights the girl) I also talked with the kid throughout filming
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

Me too, like in that Room Raiders show, I'm pretty sure they plant stuff in the rooms.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
although i do say the dialog is all rehearsed and stuff, i will say they did capture my teacher really well, even rehearse (he is like that 100% in real life). The other people, not so much.
So were you a ninja?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Last edited by Pinky19 at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
no, it was actually 3 of the teachers.

I can't watch this, but it sounds ****ing stupid.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
Quote by DaveGilmour1189

And let's just say all the dialog had multiple takes. And the actual final challenge he lost. They had a "redo" round and he ended up winning that one. Although he did win his board break and forms fair and square.

lol that about sums it up.

yeah my playwriting teacher last semester was covering for a full time professor that was gone on sabbatical. previous to this, he was living out in LA doing playwriting and screenwriting. he told us that ALL the reality shows are scripted, rehearsed, staged, and shot multiple times. he had friends that were writers for survivor and the simple life and he said they would often tell the people to do things, and would intentionally try to create drama and would try to "heat things up" by playing one person against another.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Gold belt? Could someone explain that, wouldn't it be yellow?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Congrats on the fame. So on a scale of 1(low) to 10(high) how much influence does the MTV crew have on the happenings?
LET'S GAMBLE!
im outside the US
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by poker123
Congrats on the fame. So on a scale of 1(low) to 10(high) how much influence does the MTV crew have on the happenings?

about 8.

Let me just say this, with all the footage they shot, they could have picked and chose whatever plotline or story arc for the show that they wanted. They can literally spin it anyway they want simply by choosing to add or omit footage (and this is even before i talk about scripting or rehearsing things which adds a whole other layer to the way things are shown.) I am a good example, they had a lot of talk about the way they were doing the final thing. They discussed doing the whole rivalry thing with me i said before i fought him in a minor sparing match and they planning on doing this whole rematch angle. A lot of his training was cut or clipped in for their purposes. They also try to make him "seem more of a bitch" (his words). They'd have him fight matches or do a 3 hour workout, and then make him struggle to do 10 push ups.

I'm not saying they did that in all cases. I know the kid and he really worked for a lot of what he's doing. He did actually lose like 15 or 20 pounds. And he's still doing TKD at that school, it wasn't just a one time thing simply for the show he really did get into martial arts because of the show. His reasons for doing it at the beginning of the show are pretty real. But the most of the scenes and stuff is very staged. Right down to the pep talks and the conversations, which they go over before having them. Almost all scenes were thought out by the crew beforehand.
Quote by filthandfury
Can't watch the video from outside of the US.

This.

I remember the old Thread. I have never watched MADE. It's an MTV show so I'm sure it's pretty bad and scripted. OH well, nice job getting on TV, T.S.! You should have tried to get a few Mudkipz and certain Fruits into the show.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
i dont watch mtv but i did see that today

ps. your brother a little bitch
Keep Strong Grundy

Quote by metaldud536
Milkshakes. They bring the boys to the yard.

Quote by humperdunk
OWNED
Quote by Bucketbot10
i dont watch mtv but i did see that today

ps. your brother a little bitch

im not the kid being made.

I go to the guy's martial arts school. Although i will agree with his little brother being a bitch