Page 1 of 3
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Anyone else find it disturbing that we never hear of the civilian deaths of a country we are invading? We hear all the time about the 4,000 soldiers, but what about the 90,000 CIVILIANS? It makes me sick how American lives matter but Iraqi lives don't.

Your thoughts, pit?
meh, collateral damage.

but on a serious note, we dont hear about civillian deaths because we (brits, or americans for that matter) are fighting there, we arent living there, people in our respective countries are only interested in our military deaths because only our military are there, not our civillians

EDIT: +1 to GrEgUms1991

it also includes paramilitary actions, i.e. the deaths inflicted by the insurgents
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Last edited by thedudemeister at Jun 14, 2008,
my dad is always going on about this

you have a minutes silence for the "terrorist" attacks that provoked this war but dont recognise the lives that end when you go through with the war
Quote by Underjoggle
Nobody Is A Civilian
Hahahaha

You're an insufferable idiot.
I hope your country gets invaded, ass.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Nikita, Righ?
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Anyone else find it disturbing that we never hear of the civilian deaths of a country we are invading? We hear all the time about the 4,000 soldiers, but what about the 90,000 CIVILIANS? It makes me sick how American lives matter but Iraqi lives don't.

Your thoughts, pit?

I assume you mean it's sick that people THINK American lives matter but Iraqi lives don't.
<Han> I love Hitler
I'm American, but I live overseas in Norway right now. Now I can tell you that much of the world view Americans as war-loving, innocent-killing, fat SOB's. From an international view point I can see why people would think that. I agree that the media make a huge deal about American losses but puts little emphasis on Iraqi, and it makes no sense to me either.
Last edited by domino_92 at Jun 14, 2008,
90 000 is way to few people. It has been counted up to a million civilian casualties.
I dont support the killing of civilians. AT ALL. BUT, in war, it is sometimes unavoidable. If you want to get anything accomplished force is necassary. And ya, I suppose it is not right that nobady mentions Iraqi civilian death, but in my opinoin there is enough hate being spewed about the Americans in Iraq. We dont need that to make people dislike it anymore. What makes me sick is the comment above. that most of the world thinks americans are fat SOB's. who gives a crap what the rest of the world thinks. We are fighting for Iraqi freedom and have succesfully liberated them from Saddam's rule over the country. It hasnt been perfect but what happened to people supporting their country?
Quote by smoothie/92
We are fighting for Iraqi freedom and have succesfully liberated them from Saddam's rule over the country.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by smoothie/92
I dont support the killing of civilians. AT ALL. BUT, in war, it is sometimes unavoidable. If you want to get anything accomplished force is necassary. And ya, I suppose it is not right that nobady mentions Iraqi civilian death, but in my opinoin there is enough hate being spewed about the Americans in Iraq. We dont need that to make people dislike it anymore. What makes me sick is the comment above. that most of the world thinks americans are fat SOB's. who gives a crap what the rest of the world thinks. We are fighting for Iraqi freedom and have succesfully liberated them from Saddam's rule over the country. It hasnt been perfect but what happened to people supporting their country?

You just failed.

(But maybe your way of getting news just includes turning on fox)
You just failed.

and yours turning on CNN
Quote by smoothie/92

Even US politicians have stated that Iraq was mainly about oil.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by smoothie/92
You just failed.

and yours turning on CNN

If ye're there to liberate them then why only liberate the countries with Oil?
There are plenty of oppressed people, are they not important enough?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by smoothie/92
You just failed.

and yours turning on CNN

...ummm...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
If ye're there to liberate them then why only liberate the countries with Oil?
There are plenty of oppressed people, are they not important enough?

true, but if the yanks were smart enough (which they're not), they woulda invaded Saudi Arabia, it has the largest oil reserves in the world
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Its war.

Any casualty is terrible, but look up some of the facts on Vietnam and World WarII... the war going on right now could be described as a rock fight compared to those two.
Quote by thedudemeister
true, but if the yanks were smart enough (which they're not), they woulda invaded Saudi Arabia, it has the largest oil reserves in the world

Good luck with that
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by thedudemeister

The difference is, Saudi Arabia has always been exporting oil - which means the US can buy it. Iraq has never exported much at all (which means the US can't buy it), but you'll see that change QUICKLY in the coming years. Instead of saving it and using it as they please, they'll now be forced or feel inclined to export a lot more.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by smoothie/92

Yes I totally agree. America's had some bad press recently when people started telling the truth, and I think it's jolly unfair that the actions of it's govt have given it such a bad reputation. So what we need to all do is to swallow some lies about what's really going on in Iraq so we can all salute the flag and get on with our day feeling good about ourselves. Sometimes you just need to tell a few white lies here and there. Like not mentioning 84,000 dead civilians.

Civilian death is such an unpleasant term anyway, I prefer Collateral damage, it makes it sound more like an innocent mistake, like backing into someone's car at the supermarket. "Oops! My bad"

smoothie/92, just in case my sarcasm went over your head, I think you are seriously ****ing stupid, like major birth defect stupid.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
its not like they are going door to door and blowing everyones head off. its WAR. war sucks but its human nature, theres nothing u can do about it. do u honestly think if u stood in the middle of the streets in iraq, they would think twice about launching a rocket at u? its sad to say, but its true. im not even pro war, but thats how the cookie crumbles no matter how u look at it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

fuckin' 'mazin song!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
War for oil? George Bush wont even forget the environmentalists and drill in Alaska, I dont think he went to Iraq for oil. Plus gas is like $4.30 a gallon. if we were there for oil wouldnt it at least be...under four?
im tired of all this America bashing bullshit. Please explain to me why you're country is just so damn superior to America. It's called war, of course there are going to be casualties, its not becuase American's hate everyone, its becuase there is a war going on. The civilian deaths are also caused by insurgents and because the actual terrorists hide among civilians. Shoot first ask questions later.

Ok, so maybe the war wasn't completely necessary, and the American people were misled by our countries leaders, but Hussein was a completely evil dictator, and a good riddance from earth. We don't care about Iraqi deaths as much because look at it this way. You're dad, a soldier in Iraq, died. Would you rather have a moment of silence for him, or an Iraqi civilian?
Quote by Raziel2p
The difference is, Saudi Arabia has always been exporting oil - which means the US can buy it. Iraq has never exported much at all (which means the US can't buy it), but you'll see that change QUICKLY in the coming years. Instead of saving it and using it as they please, they'll now be forced or feel inclined to export a lot more.

true, i was just stating that Saudi Arabia had the largest oil reserves.

and Ur all $h1t, i wasnt intending on invading Saudi Arabia

EDIT: and HohnJ723, true on the last point, but america do basically ask for people looking down on them, if i had to say y the uk was superior to america, it would come down to intelligence. we brits are, overall, much more intelligent than the americans.

we;re also not as trigger happy
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by smoothie/92
War for oil? George Bush wont even forget the environmentalists and drill in Alaska, I dont think he went to Iraq for oil. Plus gas is like $4.30 a gallon. if we were there for oil wouldnt it at least be...under four?

There's more than environmentalists at work there.
It wouldn't be profitable enough to drill in Alaska. I can find you figures if you'd like.

Rather than check the price of Oil at the pump a much better bet would be to go check the oil companies profits, eg. Haliburton
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by smoothie/92

You don't seriously think that the companies selling gas WANT to lower their prices, but they simply can't because of oil prices? You need to stop believing everything the market liberalists tell you, if that's the case.

Besides, the privatisation of Iraqi oil industry is still underway. It's going to take years before you'd be able to extract much of that oil.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by HohnJ723
im tired of all this America bashing bullshit. Please explain to me why you're country is just so damn superior to America. It's called war, of course there are going to be casualties, its not becuase American's hate everyone, its becuase there is a war going on. The civilian deaths are also caused by insurgents and because the actual terrorists hide among civilians. Shoot first ask questions later.

Ok, so maybe the war wasn't completely necessary, and the American people were misled by our countries leaders, but Hussein was a completely evil dictator, and a good riddance from earth. We don't care about Iraqi deaths as much because look at it this way. You're dad, a soldier in Iraq, died. Would you rather have a moment of silence for him, or an Iraqi civilian?

THANK YOU
Anyone want to dig up some info on how many Iraqi civilians died under the rule of Saddam Hussein? It seems like everyone forgot about those mass graves. Besides, civilian casualties are not all caused by our troops, most are caused by insurgents with car bombs and IEDs.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by HohnJ723
im tired of all this America bashing bullshit. Please explain to me why you're country is just so damn superior to America.
We don't start wars that kill innocent people for our own profit. You know, we're nopt, what's the word... Evil.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by HohnJ723

Why invade Iraq but vow to work for a dimplomatic, peaceful solution with North Korea? I mean, not only does North Korea have access to nukes, they're communists too!

There are many worse dictators around. Why Iraq?
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p

Yes, because of UN sanctions.
Quote by HohnJ723

America should never have invaded Iraq. The inherent value of an Iraqi life is exactly the same as the value of an American life.
Quote by thedudemeister

No, Saudi Arabia owns like 5% of America or something, and have ties with them. That would never heppen.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Ur all $h1t
There's more than environmentalists at work there.
It wouldn't be profitable enough to drill in Alaska. I can find you figures if you'd like.

Rather than check the price of Oil at the pump a much better bet would be to go check the oil companies profits, eg. Haliburton

There are government-funded programs devoted to finding alternate fuel sources. I doubt the government would have started a whole war for a fuel source that will be obsolete in a few years. Also, if the war is about oil, where are the huge oil tankers floating back and forth from Iraq to America giving us our stolen oil?

Quote by damian_91
Quote by Kiwi Ace

America should never have invaded Iraq. The inherent value of an Iraqi life is exactly the same as the value of an American life.

Source?

Stop watching CNN you liberal hippie ****.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
We don't start wars that kill innocent people for our own profit. You know, we're nopt, what's the word... Evil.

if you honestly beilieve that the U.S starts wars to kill innocent people for profit, pull your head out of your ass, you're not even worth my time.

Quote by Raziel2p
Why invade Iraq but vow to work for a dimplomatic, peaceful solution with North Korea? I mean, not only does North Korea have access to nukes, they're communists too!

There are many worse dictators around. Why Iraq?

Well I don't know him personally, but I don't think that Saddam Hussein is someone that works well with other people. Not that Kim Jong Ill does or anything, but I think that Iraq was a more immediate threat at the time, then North Korea.

EDIT: to Kiwi Ace, I even said that the war wasn't completely necessary, and I'm not saying that our life is any more valuable, but in the situation that I gave you, wouldn't you rather have your family member, or countrymen, honored? It's the same over there, I doubt that Iraqis go home and say, damn, all those poor Americans losing their lives. No, they probably honor their own people.
Last edited by HohnJ723 at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Yeah, and the IRA was a peaceful organization right?

Quote by damian_91
Quote by Ur all $h1t

WE didnt start the war. Just becasue we didnt let the terrorists kill coutless thousands of our people and decided to retaliate makes us EVIL??? Idiot
Page 1 of 3