Alright,

Well, I was at my 2nd gig ever on friday, and I put my fx (flanger and my harmonizer) in the loop for the first time. I made sure everything was connected correctly, but than, when i turned on the gain channel, a terrible buzzing noise was heard. What did I do wrong?
try the harmonizer out the front of the amp - the flanger should be fine in the loop
lol? ^^

if the harmonizer is in front of the amp that would sound terrible.. the dry and harmonized signals will distort like crazy.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by TechnicolorType
lol? ^^

if the harmonizer is in front of the amp that would sound terrible.. the dry and harmonized signals will distortion like crazy.

It'll track like shit if you put it in the effects loop.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by TechnicolorType
then what else are you going to do?

Put it in front of the amp. If you take a clean guitar signal, put it through a harmonizer and then put it into a distorted amp, it's no different to distorting a single guitar playing those two notes, except that one of the notes is generated by the pedal.

Put an already distorted guitar sound through the preamp and into the harmoniser it'll be very likely to mess up the tracking or end up giving you the wrong note.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I wouldn't know. I don't have a loop.. the only way I can use a harmonizer and have it sound decent is sticking a distortion pedal in front of it.

another guitarist > harmonizer
Thats interesting becuase it says specifically in the manual to put the PS-5 after distortion. I suppose i will try it in front of the amp. But that still doesnt explain the flanger... or why it was buzzing