Ok, so in 1 month I will be playing guitar for a year. Most of that year was me playing an acoustic guitar. 3 months ago I bought run of the mills cheap epiphone pack thing, just to get me started with electric playing. It came with this really cheap combo amp which only has tone and gain knobs on it. I'm like ok, no need for effects as of this moment. But I feel now the time has come to get an amp with built in effects. Now, I'm in high school, so money doesn't come easily. I've narrowed it down to these two cheap combo amps with built in effects. I know many of you are quite experienced and have been playing for years, so can you guys help me decide. Thanks in advanced.

Option One

Option Two

With option two I'm a bit confused on how the effects work on that one because there are no real knobs that clearly say which effect is what. So if anyone can clear that up, that would be awesome too.
On the behringer one the theres a little box on the top right, one of the knobs sets the effect, in bits of 10, so -10 is delay maybe, 11-20 is like flange etc etc
the other knob sets how much of the effect you want, so for instance 50 (somethings) of flange or reverb
I've had experience with the Cube - its not a bad amp if you are into high gain metal, but for me the cleans were a bit twangy.

I can't say anything about the other one, but Behringer have a reputation for making crappy equipment.

Why do you want on board effects? Any particular reason?
Derp.
Quote by .Will.
I've had experience with the Cube - its not a bad amp if you are into high gain metal, but for me the cleans were a bit twangy.

I can't say anything about the other one, but Behringer have a reputation for making crappy equipment.

Why do you want on board effects? Any particular reason?

I don't really have all the much money and experience with amps. So I prefer to have the effects right out the box.
I would get a Cube, but I'm very happy with my Frontman.

Just don't get a MG or a Spider III.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Between those two, I think most would agree that the Roland Cube is a far superior amp.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Sorry to add more options for you rather than help you narrow it down, but if you haven't looked at Line 6's stuff yet, you should. They're one of the most well-known companies for digital effects, and have been incorporating them into amps longer than almost anyone else. Another thing to look at is an external effects pedal like something form the Boss GT series or Line 6 Pod series (there are many others as well). These pedals are nice because you can keep the same effects even if you switch amps

www.bossus.com
www.line6.com
MyGear;

Ibanez S2170NTF Prestige
Boss GT-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Seagull Artist Cameo Cutaway with LR Baggs i-Beam Duet
Digitech Jam Man
Presonus Firebox Audio Interface
^-1 The line 6s with built in effects happen to be the junk spider III series. For the price the vox or the cube would blow it away.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
One question I have on external effect pedals, and this might sound a little "noobish" some might say, but bear with me here. Where does the pedal exactly plug into? The same jack on the amp that says footswitch?
No, the guitar plugs into the pedal and the pedal in turn are plugged into the amp. Example:

-> Thats a cable

Guitar -> Wah Pedal -> OD pedal -> Modulation effect like phaser flanger or chorus -> Etc -> amp
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Amps with built-in effects aren't usually very good-sounding. You'd be better off buying an amp and effects separately.

But the Roland Cube and Vox Valvetronix are exceptions to this rule.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd say cube but the built-in effects are nothing special.. I have a micro-cube.. pretty much the same thing.. I hardly ever use the built-in effects on it.. except for the Reverb and Delay.. those two are alright but the other four (flanger, phaser, chorus, and tremolo) aren't anything special but you really don't need those to much anyway unless your just new to effects and playing around..
The amp models are quite okay too.. better then any multi-effects I've ever played (notice the "I've ever played")

but yeah.. decent little amps, the cubes..
get one.
The Behringer is 3X as loud as the Cube. The Cube would be for practice w/yourself. The Behringer could do gigs.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
The Behringer is 3X as loud as the Cube. The Cube would be for practice w/yourself. The Behringer could do gigs.

Assuming that no one cares how bad you sound if you are loud.

Just get a cube.
Try the epiphone valve junior or blackheart series unless you need to get over the drummer.
You're going to want an all-tube amp eventually anyway, so why not start now?
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by Awesom-o
Ok, so in 1 month I will be playing guitar for a year. Most of that year was me playing an acoustic guitar. 3 months ago I bought run of the mills cheap epiphone pack thing, just to get me started with electric playing. It came with this really cheap combo amp which only has tone and gain knobs on it. I'm like ok, no need for effects as of this moment. But I feel now the time has come to get an amp with built in effects. Now, I'm in high school, so money doesn't come easily. I've narrowed it down to these two cheap combo amps with built in effects. I know many of you are quite experienced and have been playing for years, so can you guys help me decide. Thanks in advanced.

Option One

Option Two

With option two I'm a bit confused on how the effects work on that one because there are no real knobs that clearly say which effect is what. So if anyone can clear that up, that would be awesome too.

No volume?
but the cube