hey, so i've heard that telecasters have a good clean acoustic-y sound to it, but there's so many different telecasters? which ones do you recomend? it must be >750 (under), have acoustic like sounds, along with decent overdriven sound. or would i be better going for a semi hollow?

Thanks!
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
if you're looking to spend under 750 you're really going to get the tele shape and look but chances are it's not going to sound or play like a nice old tele or a cs model.

buy a used usa model which are decent or look hard and find a used usa vintage model which are quite good.
If you're looking for a more "acoustic" sound the thinline would do you, also at the bridge pickup, the tele's have a twang about them, a rather high end sound, however the neck will have this "acoustic" sound you wish.
Thinline would be great for you. Although I have to add that my american Deluxe that's coming in on Tuesday is quite outstanding but out of your price range
a tele thin line sounds as about acoustic as a Gretsch Duo Jet - not very.

They sound different then a regular tele but they don't sound acoustic and if you're buying a low end one the difference is even less noticeable
Quote by Jayok
Thinline would be great for you. Although I have to add that my American Deluxe that's coming in on Tuesday is quite outstanding but out of your price range

that was my first thought until i saw his budget.
i don't want a literal acoustic sound. i want an acoustic like sound, not exactly. i might even be able to bump it up to 1000, depends on how much i make this summer working. is the HH acoustic-y like the regular thinline? or is it more les paulish?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
i don't want a literal acoustic sound. i want an acoustic like sound, not exactly. i might even be able to bump it up to 1000, depends on how much i make this summer working. is the HH acoustic-y like the regular thinline? or is it more les paulish?

if you do make that much definitely get the American Standard Tele or a Tele Standard and mod it a bit.
well, it's not really the telecaster that has the tone, it's the pickups.
so i could really just replace my neck pickup on my fender showmaster could i not?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
The plasma 50" they have at Curry's isn't bad

To me, its still Dixons
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by SenorSmiley
everything he said

its scarry how you just stare at the cam O_O but good stuff there

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
i recorded those with a macbook pro camera. the playing kind of ****ty but it shows what the guitar sounds like.

if you can do better post a video. i like to check out new players all the time
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by SenorSmiley
it's not the pickups and not the guitar.

it;s the wood, the pickups, the neck, the bridge and the player.

here is one of my teles if you want an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIlH8FRHWRo

yep.

for $1,000 you can get an American Standard. Play an Ash body and see you cant fall in love, i dare you.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik