Not sure if this is the right place for this but we will see =]

I guess a lot of you use guitar pro. I see its not free software. Is it worth paying for? Are there a guitar pro 'free' version? Thanks for the help guys
It's worth paying for if you have the money. There is a trial version which is free, but can only be used for a certain number of days if I remember correctly. There is of course a way of getting the full version for free, if you know what I mean, not that that's always a good idea. Although I can't really talk...

~Taydr~
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Tuxguitar is free and can read Guitarpro files.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Ok, i just got tuxguitar but im getting an error whenever i click the guitar pro song icon. It says i dont have permission to use it or something? Im the only user/admin on my computer. What do i do =/
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
Ok, i just got tuxguitar but im getting an error whenever i click the guitar pro song icon. It says i dont have permission to use it or something? Im the only user/admin on my computer. What do i do =/

i don't have tuxguitar but i have guitar pro and i had the same problem so i suggest instead of pressing the button ''open'' at the file press the ''save'' button,save it somewhere and then go there and open it...i'm not sure if this will work on ur pc, but it did on mine
i dont know about tuxguitar cause i never used it, but definitively Guitar Pro is totally worth the money (althought i got a ripped version lol)
TuxGuitar isn't is good as guitar pro, as the user interface is more bloated, and it is harder to copy and past sections.
However, it is a good alternative to guitar pro until you can get guitar pro
Guitar Pro is worth the money. Shamefully, my version is ille..., well, you know. But next version (well guitar Pro 6 whenever that is) I plan to pay for.
Quote by AdamDK
Guitar Pro is worth the money. Shamefully, my version is ille..., well, you know. But next version (well guitar Pro 6 whenever that is) I plan to pay for.

Guitar Pro is good but it's a bit of a rip off.
Guitar Pro is good and worth the money. You can download DGuitar which is a program very similar to Guitar Pro and free. The only problem that I've found with DGuitar is sometimes it won't play some .gp4's and some .gp5's. It's kind of trial and error.

http://dguitar.sourceforge.net/
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Oh yes, its worth the money. Its about $60 USD if I remember correctly. Of course, there are other ways in which you can "acquire" it... ahem...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway