I've been having problems with my Ibanez SA 260 FM.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I don't have the time to search (in other words, I'm just being lazy).

I plugged in my guitar to a tiny amp (I'm not sure what brand) and I had absolutely no sound. I tried various amps and cables and still had no sound unless I turned it up to 11.

I opened the back and it seemed like all of the wires are fine.

What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by lechuck333
I've been having problems with my Ibanez SA 260 FM.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I don't have the time to search (in other words, I'm just being lazy).

I plugged in my guitar to a tiny amp (I'm not sure what brand) and I had absolutely no sound. I tried various amps and cables and still had no sound unless I turned it up to 11.

I opened the back and it seemed like all of the wires are fine.

What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance.

"seemed" being the operative word....they're not fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
bad jack
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
not necessarily bad jack, but possibly a oddly shaped jack. pull the jack out and make sure that the hot tip is bent at an angle so that, when you plug the cable in, tip touches tip, and holds the cord securly. also, any wiring might be bad. update us
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Well it's worked many times before. It's not a new guitar or amp. I haven't changed anything on the guitar or amp for a very long time (other than strings obviously).
It can happen ...... Just like that.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead