Is there any way to move the String Lock Insert on a Floyd Rose back? I just took off the A string, and I cant fit my new string in the slot. Everytime I have it in there, I tighten to String Lock Screw till it wont turn anymore, and the string slips out everytime. Its not going deep enough in, but I cant move the String Lock Insert farther back at all, It's not budging one bit.

Does anyone know how to move it back?

Just please help me out here, I posted this in the other forums but noone even bother to look at it
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Hmm... take it to a guitar shop. I'm pretty damn sure their advice will be better then the advice from The Pit.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
if the string isnt going deep enough in why dont you put it in farther?
Quote by Wylde14

He said he put it in as far as it would go.

Sexual Induendo not intended, but awesome none-the-less.
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
well the description is quite bad, from what im thinking moving the "string lock" back wont do ****
It's probably broken.
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Wylde14

I cant put it in farther because I'm putting as far back as I think it can go. The problem is that the string lock insert is being a bitch and not moving, so the string is too thick to go deep enough in to the point where it wouldnt slip out when I tighten string lock screw.

I'm looking for a way I can move the string lock insert (the little square that puts pressure against the string, just to avoid any confusion anyone might have) back. I'd imagine theres got to be a way to do this, at least I hope.

It wont do much good to bring it in to a shop, I NEED it for a performance for a music class final tomorrow night, and of course something on it ****s up. It's a Schaller Liscensed Floyd Rose if it matters, altough I think it has the same configuration setup as an OFR.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
loosen the lock on the bridge a little more and it will move back, also take the block out and make sure the concave part is in the same spot that the lock will be presing against, that may cause eneven pressure causing it to slip