Here's the original thread I posted earlier. Here

This thread is a thank you to those who gave me tips, it helped tonnes thanks you guys.

Anyway the performance went unbelivably well, I was pretty nervous beforehand but managed to calm myself right before hitting the stage, the one problem was, my mind completely blanked on me for the second solo, but I managed to improivse (I am not great at improvising, but manged to pull it off quite well) and nobody but my friend noticed, but he said I did really well.

Another thank you to those who gave me tips.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
awesome and congrats! Just remember everything that worked this time and also remember how well it went. Makes walking out feel a hell of a lot better then walking in. Next time you'll probably get nervous again but remember how well it went!
Congrats my friend, I played my first gig tonight, and it was just WOWWWWWWWWWW.. The crowd was incredible, the guitar sounded how I wanted it to. Just an awesome performance from the band =]
Yes I will definately remember it, an wow first gig how exciting I cant wait until I get gigs, but not for a couple of years at least.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Good for you, there're few things as nerve-racking as your first gig but once you get it out of the way you're hooked...I wish I played in front of people more often
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i just read your other thread, and somebody said you just have to be confident... there's a kid at my school, and he'll play ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, and he sucks really, really bad. But he just doesn't care, and offers to play places all the time, by himself, just him and his guitar in front of a lot of people.
I don't know how he does it. He messes up all the time, too, he's just super confident, and even though he's not good at guitar, i'm still jealous of his confidence, i wish i had it. I'm absolutely terrified to play infront of 3 people... none the less 30.
O O

___
Just keep at it and progressively it will get easier. Small recitals are much more difficult because they are so much more personal. Get those down and your golden.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
hahaha my first time on stage i was 38 years old!! i was scared chittless. i tried to hide behind one of the big moniters but that made me just look like a dumb@ss. so i just went to the edge of the stage and played for the people, and completely screwed up the bridge on needle and a spoon, by lynard skynard. after that, it only got better.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by mig-29
hahaha my first time on stage i was 38 years old!! i was scared chittless. i tried to hide behind one of the big moniters but that made me just look like a dumb@ss. so i just went to the edge of the stage and played for the people, and completely screwed up the bridge on needle and a spoon, by lynard skynard. after that, it only got better.

that whole thing made me lol!
O O

___