So im in a dilemma on which amp to buy. I have a limit of 600bucks. I am stuck between this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807

and this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120DHS-120W-Half-Stack-Guitar-Amp-with-4x12-Cabinet?sku=481269

Or I was looking at a Crate Flexware half stack. I dont know which one to get. Im looking for one with good distortion, like Dimebag or Bullet For My Valentine. Also, good for soloing. I've heard good and bad things about both. But when I go to guitarcenter I never see the Randall there. Which one should I get? If anyone has any recommendations, lemme' know.
Neither, for your budget you should be looking at a decent tube combo because you don't need a half stack and you don't need 100w.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

That is exactly what you need.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Dont get either, those are solid state.
Of the two, i would get the randall though.
MG series = NO

Go for a Peavey classic 30.
Tube amp, great distortion great cleans.

Over all, you dont need a half stack is the answer 80% of the time.
You just want one because it looks cool.
=)

EDIT: Dang, yall beat me to it..
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
+1 to the Randall

Also check out Bugera.

And it'd be worth it to try out a Valveking with a Bad Monkey in front of it.
I'd try out either Bugera or a Peavey 5150 combo. Don't bother getting a half-stack until you start playing at arenas.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Don't bother getting a half-stack until you start playing at arenas.

I hate seeing that statement. so false.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Don't bother getting a half-stack until you have the money to afford a good quality one.

fixed...
go with the randall or valveking if you want new. Go with the 5150 if used. that is all.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
unless ur gigging, u definetely dont need a halfstack. and never make the mistake that everyones made of thinking an MG is cool and then buying it. idk why everybody says u have to get a tube amp. dime used a solid state randall for pantera and his tone was badass. so a tube combo (rg50tc or used 5150 possibly) would sound better in my opinion, but if u want dimebags signature solid state massacre tone, take the randall half-stack ss.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Go for a Peavey classic 30.
Tube amp, great distortion great cleans.

The cleans on the classic 30 are amazing so is the OD but doubt it can go all that far without being boosted. I remember playing one and falling in love with the OD channel, but it's great for that crunchy classic rock tone.
^ indeed, it's a decent amp, but more aimed at classic stuff.

Quote by maggot2011
For $600 you can find a used 6505 combo and BFMV uses 6505's. Enjoy.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So you've been around since november 06, long enough to have read enough "which amp" threads" to name your thread "another which amp thread" but you've never read anything about these two amps?
Guitars:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster
Epiphone g400

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30 and 50

Effects:
Boss rc-20 Xl
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez DE-7
Danelectro Fish n' Chips
Quote by TheTVSays
So you've been around since november 06, long enough to have read enough "which amp" threads" to name your thread "another which amp thread" but you've never read anything about these two amps?

lol, +1

+1s to all the used 6505/other decent amp suggestions
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group