I need to replace a pickup on my Strat knock-off, but I don't have any idea how to do it properly. Can I just take it to Guitar Center and have them replace it, and if so, how much would it cost?
guitar center charges twice as much as most local shops, averaging $40 per pickup.

you might want to check out fully wired pickguards, or learn how to solder. because 40 bucks per pup is insane.

what amp are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^gah, yeah you wont get the full effect at all.

what's ur budget? do you play in a band?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah I'm playing lead in a band right now.
I've got about 125 dollars on me, and almost all the money I get from my job goes towards gas (****ing Dodge truck!).
Quote by Vasser
Yeah I'm playing lead in a band right now.
I've got about 125 dollars on me, and almost all the money I get from my job goes towards gas (****ing Dodge truck!).

you sound like my bro...............f'n dodge
yeah that's tough.

what tones are you looking for? you know sometimes a pedal can help even more that a new pickup. and there's no installation charge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I've found a good heavy rock/thrash tone with my Boss DS-1 distortion, but I'd like to have a warmer tone to work with for bluesy-er sounding songs we play like Pearl Jam songs. Right now I'm restricted to using my bridge pickup only because the middle and neck are just ridiculously muddy.
lower the neck and middle pickups to reduce the "muddy" tones, and i suggest you check out some OD pedals, look into adding a humbucker to the bridge, or save for a new amp.

the most noticable difference at that price, would probably be a new pedal, so if you can take ur amp into the local shop, maybe try a few out on ur amp, you might get lucky.

to lower a pup you adjust the two screws one on either end of that pickup.
you can tilt one side higher, treble side for more treble and so on.

red lines.,..
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok good luck and repost if you think you found something that'll help, but arent sure.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62