O.K I Have decided to up upgrade my amp from a 15 watt SX to a Warwick 5.1 solid state amp (500 watts RMS) and a Warwick 411 Pro Cab (600 watts) this should cost me around $1500 NZ or 1200US. Just wan't to know if this is a good choice and any personal experiences ect. this is the most i want to spend on a head and cab package so please don't recomend anything that costs more.

Cheers
Are you going to be playing gigs or anything like that, because I think that is a lot of wattage for just playing at home.
I play in a church band in a very large church probably bout 2 and a half basketball courts in size, but if I don't need as much wattage as this then what would you recomend.

P.S
will probably start to gig pretty soon anyways so I would want a cab that wont need up grading for quite a while.
Last edited by brianmoorebass at Jun 15, 2008,
I like my Warwicks tone, very warm. Try it out, it's all about you
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I have a ProFet 3.2 head and I have to say, it's brings out and awesome tone into my Ashdown cab
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Thats fine then if you're gonna start gigging soon and you're playing at a large church so I would say just go with your choice.
I think you're making a great choice, I would totally recommend that rig. Warwick amps, along with their basses, are extremely high-quality. They're just an acquired taste.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Thanks heaps for your opionions and positive feed back, have decided to stay with my option due to your guys high regards to warwick
Quote by ccmetz2020
Are you going to be playing gigs or anything like that, because I think that is a lot of wattage for just playing at home.

remember though, the goal with bass is to get the tone you want and the volume you need while pushing the amp as little as possible

it's a damn site easier to turn down a loud amp than turn up a quiet amp
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
remember though, the goal with bass is to get the tone you want and the volume you need while pushing the amp as little as possible

it's a damn site easier to turn down a loud amp than turn up a quiet amp

One I get past about 1.5 on my, amp, the tone barely changes, until it distorts. It is far better to have a bass amp that you can keep to household volumes (damn near any amp) than to have one that is a bit too small for the gig you are playing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1