yea, so my band plays in Drop D, but im not exactly too fond of that specific tuning. and i cant seem to find any lower tuning that matches up with the rest of the band. any suggestions or ideas?
Do you just not like having a low D string? You could try DADA if you don't mind the low D but otherwise I'm not really an expert on different tunings.
Well does your band incorporate the D or Eb notes? If not, the guitarist(s) chose the tuning because it makes power chords easier for them.

If they do use the two lower notes from standard, then suck it up and drop to D. Or, you can maybe get a 5 string set and use the B, E, A, D strings and play in standard, without the G string.

Easiest thing is to just learn how to play in drop D.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Metalhead01492
yea, so my band plays in Drop D, but im not exactly too fond of that specific tuning. and i cant seem to find any lower tuning that matches up with the rest of the band. any suggestions or ideas?

I really don't get it when people aren't "fond" of a tuning, be it drop D tuning or down tuning. Just suck it up with drop D. You won't need to shell out for a 5er, and if you like to keep your bass in standard tuning most of the time, it's easier and much less hassle than to downtune to DGCF every time you play with your band.