ok so i bought a line 6 spider amp from them a while back and while i was getting it out for a rehearsal i broke off the mid knob so i called them up and said bring it in so i brought it to them and they said, throw it away and we'll send you a check for your money back in 7-10 days so i was ecstatic cause i basically have an amp with a minor problem and i have a couple hundred dollars in the mail.

so i took apart the amp and decided to use some of the parts to modify an old marshall amp, which is prob the funnest thing ive ever done.
insane setting on a marshall amp

but then they called back a few days later and said they couldnt do that it. so i was like wtf so now im screwed out of a practice amp, and right when the lady told me to throw it away i went and asked multiple employees if this is what i was supposed to do and they said yes.

so im asking yalls advice for what i should do ?
complain ?
or what
fist fight them, its what you need to do!
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by zepzepzep86
keep negotiating and eventually guitar center will fold

Este.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Tell an internet forum full of teenagers who don't give a crap.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Seriously, if they don't give you your money back, you better go in there and plug up a guitar to a Marshall full stack, turn the volume to 10, and play the intro to stairway with the gain all the way up on the crunch channel.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
That thoroughly sucks. There's not really much you can do except to go to the store and try to reason some more.
Peace.
um...complain and if the dont break, sue. were not talking 5 or 10 bucks here
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
If they won't do it, just go with plan b.

Make them fight Glondor in a stone circle death match.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by therealtater
go in turn your amp up as loud as it will go and play smoke on the water until they give you the money

+10000000
Quote by philipp122
Seriously, if they don't give you your money back, you better go in there and plug up a guitar to a Marshall full stack, turn the volume to 10, and play the intro to stairway with the gain all the way up on the crunch channel.

Do it!

That's pretty ridiculous though... can they really do that?
ha i mean i'll try but i dont see how its gonna work
btw im only fifteen to so the post about the site about teenagers that dont give a crap, i should fit in.

but if i do get the money i suggest every one breaking a tone knob off your spider and get free money
Quote by st.stephen
Alright, Spartans! Let's go to Guitar Center. Tonight we dine in hell!

Make me.

OT: You should definitely complain, man. They f*cked you out of quite a bit of money.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I work at GC and here is how it's going to happen.

You go there and threaten to complain (Don't play the lawyer game because corporate has lawyers that could keep R Kelly out of jail) and it will go one of two ways, depending on the store manager.

1) They tell you they can't do anything.

2) They tell you to quit wasting thier time and kick your ass out.

Sorry dude but this is from someone behind 'enemy lines': GC has a RETURN policy, not a rip your amp up, throw it away, and expect a check policy.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
thats the whole problem i asked them what i was supposed to do with it, or if the warranty would cover the parts needed to fix it and they simply said throw it away and we'll give you your money back to buy a new one