So lately, my band has been coming across awesome deals in new & used shops and the like, and we got to wondering. Since the American economy has pretty much tanked under the current administration, we figure that there's a surge of people selling off their gear to make ends meet.

So we've been calling him the patron saint of guitar gear, and I was just curious if anyone else has noticed a rise in cheap, solid quality gear.

I'm thinking about starting a petition for "King Bush". 40 more years!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Keep in mind that you are pro Bush in a generation of dipsh*ts who conform with the media and their peers. Everyone is going to basicly say "**** Bush"

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Yeah that's kind of sad, I am not current with the politics of the United States because I am Canadian, but if the government's policy is forcing musicians to sell their gear, that is total bs.
Quote by TOAOIsaac
Keep in mind that you are pro Bush in a generation of dipsh*ts who conform with the media and their peers. Everyone is going to basicly say "**** Bush"

For the most part GW Bush isn't portrayed that badly by the media....

But yeah, f*** Bush.
Quote by TOAOIsaac

This. Run away.
the president has severely limited control over the economy's health.
so no, Bush is not the causation behind cheap gear.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Quote by liam1107
we all hate bush

fixed

His approval rating is what, 16%?
Get a Carvin. Do it.
i really dont think there is an influx of used gear because of this, it seems like kind of a stretch.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
ah bush hes not that bad,
hes only responsible for ruining a superpower's economy and waging expensive wars on two fronts. But besides that I'm sure he's a pretty neat guy.
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by ketiov

But yeah, f*** Bush.

Yeah ****ing right.
well if your in another country or in america at least have hope for the next election there is some really great canidates so dont get too worried, we'll get better. but if there is used gear then what the hell buy it, thats just good investment tactics. buy low sell high its not wrong its not taking advantage of anyone its just buisness the same stuff people in wall street do everyday.
Quote by LD_Luke D
well if your in another country or in america at least have hope for the next election there is some really great canidates so dont get too worried, we'll get better. but if there is used gear then what the hell buy it, thats just good investment tactics. buy low sell high its not wrong its not taking advantage of anyone its just buisness the same stuff people in wall street do everyday.

No, there really is not any great canidates.
I hate how it's in style now to defend Bush, just because everyone else hates on him.

Name three things the mad did good for the country, or the world for that matter. Don't post subjective points either, if he wasn't so bad, how hard could it be to come up with three truly good things?
Quote by TGautier13
I hate how it's in style now to defend Bush, just because everyone else hates on him.

Name three things the mad did good for the country, or the world for that matter. Don't post subjective points either, if he wasn't so bad, how hard could it be to come up with three truly good things?

I'm not pro-Bush, I'm just pro-cheap gear.

I have to believe that be it directly or indirectly, because of Bush people aren't buying gear as much as they were (gotta save money for gas and inflated mortgage payments), and are probably selling at a larger rate.

*shrug* I'm all for profiting on the broken dreams of others
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by ketiov

But yeah, f*** Bush.

I really hope you are kidding
^^^^

Yeah, my earlier post wasn't directed at you, Garou. I'm actually almost inclined to agree with you, if only I had money to capitalize on the shattered dreams of others.
Quote by ketiov

That's why half the time I turn on CNN they're reporting the latest Bushism.

"I believe man kind and fish can coexist peacefully"...Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for that one.
Quote by TGautier13

He put more money into aid for Africa than any other president in American history.
He also overthrew the Taliban in Afghanistan and Saddam Hussein in Iraq.
Besides, how can it be "in style" to defend him when every aspect of the media is telling people to hate him? Name three times that you've heard a pro-Bush song or a pro-Bush report on CNN?
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Fair enough on the Africa part, I just looked that up. The Taliban and Hussein part, I just can't agree with. Even with the government-ordered genocides and everything else which has already been discussed ad nauseum, the region has become a quagmire of destruction and chaos post-occupation. In this point, it would've been better if we had quit while we were ahead after dethroning Taliban from Afghanistan.

I'm not referring to CNN or any other media outlet, I'm referring to the little kids sitting behind their computer monitors attacking Bush-hater's because everyone else hates him.
Quote by TGautier13
Fair enough on the Africa part, I just looked that up. The Taliban and Hussein part, I just can't agree with. Even with the government-ordered genocides and everything else which has already been discussed ad nauseum, the region has become a quagmire of destruction and chaos post-occupation. In this point, it would've been better if we had quit while we were ahead after dethroning Taliban from Afghanistan.

I'm not referring to CNN or any other media outlet, I'm referring to the little kids sitting behind their computer monitors attacking Bush-hater's because everyone else hates him.

So I suppose everyone that has an opinion different from the majority are just doing it to be different? AMIRITE?
...right.

Do you defend him? If so, give me your reasons like I asked earlier.
I found a nice Fender Jag for $100, but as usual when I locate a good deal, my wallet has lint in it.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Garou1911
So lately, my band has been coming across awesome deals in new & used shops and the like, and we got to wondering. Since the American economy has pretty much tanked under the current administration, we figure that there's a surge of people selling off their gear to make ends meet.

So we've been calling him the patron saint of guitar gear, and I was just curious if anyone else has noticed a rise in cheap, solid quality gear.

I'm thinking about starting a petition for "King Bush". 40 more years!

You are the patron saint of idiot.
Quote by spartan 118
I found a nice Fender Jag for $100, but as usual when I locate a good deal, my wallet has lint in it.

Yeah man, I hate when that happens. I usually just go into convulsions until the store staff has me physically removed
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by liam1107
over in britain we all hate bush

we hate him here too! a masturbating monkey flinging nut everywhere would be better than bush.

just think how the world would be if kerry had won...
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by King Krapp
You are the patron saint of idiot.

Way to contribute
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-