Hi im new here and i dont know if this is the right place for this.... but here goes.
OK so i have been playing my Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 for about 2 months now. I've never experienced any problems with it. I really know nothing about how to repair a guitar. So today as i am playing, the sound randomly cuts out. i kept trying to play it but it never worked. i pluged my brothers LP standard into the amp and it worked fine, so i know its neither my amp nor cord. my best guess is its the imput jack, but im not sure. Any help, possiblities, suggestions, ways i can self repair, or estimations on how might it might cost if i got it professionaly repaired?
yeah this is common problem. especially if you have ever hand tightened that jack.

there should be 2 wires connected to the jack, so remove it and check to see if they are both connected.

if not then a soldering iron will be needed to reattach, for a 5 min fix.

^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah, probably input jack. And the cue thing was pretty sweet!
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
make sure the two wires in the input jack ARE NOT touching and then put it back on . try it out then.
ok so i followed the picture thingy, and the black wire is completely off the metal part. well my other mire is red and attached. now the blakc wire is just kinda hanging there
yeah usually when black, that's ur ground.

go to a radio shack, if you're in the states, at for about $15 get a soldering iron kit.

heat up the iron, follow the instructions and reattach the wire to the empty lug.

(usually the inner most tag, for black)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011