Page 1 of 5
Excellent, excellent doom metal. Watching From A Distance is probably one of the most emotionally stirring yet crushing albums ever made - not to mention it's pretty damn epic. The lyrics are great, as well.

I'm actually very surprised there's no thread on them already, seeing as there's quite a few people here that know them.

Anyways, enjoy, discuss, and so on and so forth.

http://www.myspace.com/warningdoom
http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=10936

Gotta post in this thread, simply for the fact that Watching From A Distance utterly changed my entire perspective on music, and is hands down one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. Found out about these guys just a few months ago, and they opened my eyes to how much raw, unadulterated emotion can actually be put into music. Not to mention that as a lyric lover, these guys absolutely blow me away. Flawless, life-altering album. Can't say enough good things.
Absolutely emotionally draining doom. Watching From a Distance is romantic tragedies incarnate.

Your taste grows more and more admirable each day Broadsword.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
there like the slowest doom metal band i've ever heard. Couldn't they just call themselves like Slow Metal? If you want doom metal, go listen to Candlemass \\ ^_^ //
I've heard of this band before, and I was going to check out their album Watching From a Distance. I never actually got around to it though, but I might get around to it this weekend.
Wow, this is great stuff. I love the emotional vocals and the overall atmosphere of the songs.

I'll have a bourbon.
I love Warning! They haven't put out a lot of material for a band that's existed for a long time, but Watching From A Distance is pure doom class.
I blindly bought Watching From A Distances after hearing about it in the Doom Thread (Broadsword - we have been trying to keep these excellent bands in that thread so ones like this don't keep getting made and buried ).

And my first impression was "WOW". I never knew so much emotion and atmosphere could be physically contained within an album.

(fuck all these "Emo" kids that seem to be breeding up, they have nothing on Warning in terms of portraying emotion through Music! although I think they are more concerned with what their hair looks like than that anyway ).
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
I blindly bought Watching From A Distances after hearing about it in the Doom Thread (Broadsword - we have been trying to keep these excellent bands in that thread so ones like this don't keep getting made and buried ).

And my first impression was "WOW". I never knew so much emotion and atmosphere could be physically contained within an album.

(fuck all these "Emo" kids that seem to be breeding up, they have nothing on Warning in terms of portraying emotion through Music! although I think they are more concerned with what their hair looks like than that anyway ).

amen.

Anyone else's opinions on the first album? The music is to me of much the same standard, but I really wish Pat had his vocal ability when the first record was released... There are so many great lyrics on that album, that get let down by sub-par singing, that is also mixed quite low in comparison to the music

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
There has been quite a lot discussion about Warning in the Doom Metal Thread actually

Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Anyone else's opinions on the first album? The music is to me of much the same standard, but I really wish Pat had his vocal ability when the first record was released... There are so many great lyrics on that album, that get let down by sub-par singing, that is also mixed quite low in comparison to the music

I don't like The Strength To Dream as much as Watching From The Distance
and it's not quite as good musically either imo, on it the music is much closer to the "basic" doom metal style and on Watching From The Distance they got a more distinctive style of their own
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Absolutely emotionally draining doom. Watching From a Distance is romantic tragedies incarnate.

And Pat Walker is apparently an actor as well, so that may have something to do with the music.

Quote by Monkey_Bassist

Ah, gotcha. I don't really ever go to the Doom Thread, I suppose I ought to more. And yeah, as far as portraying emotions in music goes, Warning should be a standard.

Quote by Kepulix
There has been quite a lot discussion about Warning in the Doom Metal Thread actually

and it's not quite as good musically either imo, on it the music is much closer to the "basic" doom metal style and on Watching From The Distance they got a more distinctive style of their own

Agreed.
Watching From A Distance is the best Doom album I've ever heard, and possibly one of the best albums I've ever heard. It's the perfect album for me, genuine emotion and beautiful atmosphere combined seamlessly. I think what gets me the most about the album though is it's honesty. With many depressive doom albums I get a sort of strained feeling from it, with pretentious lyrics and vocals that strive for anguish but come off somewhat fake (though I love the band, MDB sometimes suffer from this). With Warning, it all felt so real since the first time I heard it. I think I know almost all the albums lyrics off by heart at this point, brilliant stuff.
Very nice.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
the guys voice is kinda funny :S

the music kinda reminds me of Funeral's Tragedies... hm... just that that one's darker, I guess
Quote by Kepulix

yeah definitely,.. the difference between the two albums is quite astounding. I'd like the first album more if the singing was better.

To Nosferatu; yeah I noted that too when I first listened to it,.. but somehow the voice just fits.

To Flying Phoenix; that's the reason why I love this band. It's very pure emotion, and he has an amazing way with lyrics as well

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I'll have a look at this tomorrow.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Good stuff, I really like it.

Gonna have to get some of their stuff.
Quote by VampireGoldfish

I take complete and unprecedented credit.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I almost completely forgot about these guys. Watching from a Distance is a damn good album; I should probably listen to it in the near future.
Quote by Phill-Rock
I take complete and unprecedented credit.

Goddamn, you're one of a kind, Phill.

But, yeah, you should definitely get Watching From A Distance, it will be well worth your time/money. Just be sure to have a box of tissues handy for all of the bawling you'll be doing.
This band blows.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Another doom band that I can't for the life of me find to buy at a reasonable price.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by chylde_of_fire
This band blows.

Says the guy who called Lamp of Thoth "the best new band of the last 5 years".

You call yourself a doom fan?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
^you realize chylde was being sarcastic?

check out his profile for his favourite bands

Quote by Instrumetal

lol. It was basicly me and a couple of others that went on and on about Warning for ages before anyone took notice.

And for your information, I've heard samples of the Lamps upcoming first album, and it sounds fucking wicked, absolutely savage heavy metal in the vein of Cirith Ungol and Hell, if you can't appreciate that, then your loss.

Anyhow.
Has anyone seen the new artwork for The Stregnth to Dream re-issue? I have to say I do like it a lot more than the original.

Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Jun 16, 2008,
The new cover is the one with that one guy with the stick or something?

Yeah, I like it better than the original one too

Quote by Instrumetal

Sweet, this thread isn't dead yet.

Footprints is my favorite off that album. The lyrics on that song...wow.
Quote by Broadsword
Sweet, this thread isn't dead yet.

Footprints is my favorite off that album. The lyrics on that song...wow.

From "Here I am wide open..." until the end of the song, the lyrics are amazing. Thanks for showing me this band. My doom metal ignorance is embarrassing.

I'll have a bourbon.
No problem. Mine is as well, I just happened to stumble upon these guys. And I'm sure glad I did.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
lol. It was basicly me and a couple of others that went on and on about Warning for ages before anyone took notice.

And for your information, I've heard samples of the Lamps upcoming first album, and it sounds fucking wicked, absolutely savage heavy metal in the vein of Cirith Ungol and Hell, if you can't appreciate that, then your loss.

Anyhow.
Has anyone seen the new artwork for The Stregnth to Dream re-issue? I have to say I do like it a lot more than the original.

yeah much better. Now they just need to re-record it

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
yeah much better. Now they just need to re-record it

Indeed hahha

I remember reading somewhere that it will take quite a while until they come up with a new album, I can understand that writing an album like Watching From A Distance takes time so it's all good to me, as long as they actually make a new one some day hahha

Damn, I cannot believe I haven't heard this band before. My mind is completely blown. Such feeling and emotion.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Kepulix
I remember reading somewhere that it will take quite a while until they come up with a new album, I can understand that writing an album like Watching From A Distance takes time so it's all good to me, as long as they actually make a new one some day hahha

They are working on a new album now, as far as I know...

Quote by chylde_of_fire
They are working on a new album now, as far as I know...

Aah, didn't know that, great to hear

Does anyone have a link to download Watching From A Distance? I'm really diggin' these guys.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Page 1 of 5