Page 2 of 5
Once again, thank you, man.

I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Wow they have a great melodic sound.
Crit me all you like but the vocals remind me alot of R.E.M
Very, very nice spacy emotional music.
I like it.
Quote by Crutchy
Does anyone have a link to download Watching From A Distance? I'm really diggin' these guys.

www.smartcart.com/hellride/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=HM-3589
www.dis-order.com/shop/item/Warning-(UK)/Watching-from-a-distance/CD/
www.zavvi.co.uk/music-CD-Metal-12.5+to+14.99-Warning-Watching-From-A-Distance/863668/ca14cr33.r10.1/p.jsf

There, now you have no reason to download it whatsoever.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by punk_metal
Wow they have a great melodic sound.
Crit me all you like but the vocals remind me alot of R.E.M
Very, very nice spacy emotional music.
I like it.

Hmmm interesting comparison... I definitely see where you're coming from with the R.E.M. vocals.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
wow, this thread got buried. i made a new thread because i couldnt find a thread on them. but anyways, amazing band. watching from a distance is one of the most emotional albums ive ever heard in my life
hello
I still am yet to find a Metal album that even remotely comes close to the raw emotion portrayed through "Watching From A Distance", truly amazing.
Listening to Footprint right now and it's such an amazing song I don't know what to say. Emotion like I've never heard in a song before.

I'll have a bourbon.
Last edited by Mr. Twelve at Nov 25, 2008,
Fucking hell.

As announced yesterday in the Shoutbox, Warning have disbanded. The organization of the Doom Shall Rise festival have issued the following update:

"Warning have cancelled their performance at Doom Shall Rise as they have decided to disband. German doom veterans Voodooshock will step in."

The sixth edition of the Doom Shall Rise festival will be held on April 17th and 18th 2009 the Chapel in Göppingen (near Stuttgart, Germany).

So far, Warning's performance at the Metal Merchants Festival in Oslo, Norway on Saturday January 31 hasn't been cancelled yet. Till further notice, this presumably seems like Warning's final gig.

http://metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=7976
Warning splitting up has been some of the worst music-related news in the past few years.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
FUCK. That just ruined my day, I was hoping I'd get to see them live one day Maybe they just put everything into Watching From A Distance, and had nowhere left to go from there; I don't see how it would be possible to follow an album like that up. Still a damn shame though...
Yeah and I missed their (possibly) second last gig ever
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Hopefully they release a collection or Best Of or something special, to give us something to part with.

I was looking forward to seeing their follow up, but at least they will have released one amazing album.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
The Strength To Dream is a damn fine album as well
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

By Best Of, I mean the whoel package deal. Poster, DVD, music, everything.

The Strength To Dream is great, but not spectacular.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
You'd be surprised.

I have Best Of's like that from bands who didn't release a single album in their entire career.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Ought to re-release their demos properly.
Sound nothing like WfaD, but some damn fine Vitus worship nonetheless.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
^yeah, there's some awesome songs on there; Cemetery Eyes, for one

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by VampireGoldfish
By Best Of, I mean the whoel package deal. Poster, DVD, music, everything.

There pretty much already is, I haven't seen it for sale (though I haven't really looked) but there's a box set of WfaD with their 2 demo tapes with stickers and stuff.
^I think that's "The Right Hand of Doom", which was, if memory serves me right, a limited special edition that was individually signed to each buyer. Heh I doubt I'd see any of those for sale any time soon

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
My thoughts exactly.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

I was looking forward to seeing their follow up, but at least they will have released one amazing album.

Indeed...

Damn it all, 09 had best be a good year to make up for this.
Quote by Broadsword
Indeed...

Damn it all, 09 had best be a good year to make up for this.

QFT
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
I would love a live album, if nothing else. Not holding any false hopes here, but it would also be sweet if they decided to reform another seven years later lol, like they did the first time

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I can't get into this band for some reason, though I feel like I'm missing out on something as they basically receive universal praise from any respectable doom fan. The vocals sorta grate me the wrong way. And the music itself seems a bit dull. I'll definately give them a few more tries though.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
They're really worth the listen...You sound like me and Akercocke. For the longest time, I could not listen to them and was just like.."meh" whenever i heard them...but, I love em now. Best of luck with liking them, they have so much of an emotional feel, really great for when you feel like shit.
where are the cunting tabs for this band. I wanna play Bridges nao
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
^yeah, something like that. I think they tune down to B standard, that's the only difference

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
^yeah, something like that. I think they tune down to B standard, that's the only difference

I think they tune to C standard, I'm tuned to C standard and I've never encountered any trouble with working out tabs for their songs.
ah you're probably right then, I just heard "B" elsewhere.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM