Hey

im kind of new to guitar, but i was wondering how(if) i would be able to use my Line 6 Spider 3 30 watt to hook up to a cabinet.
HOW?

people say im supposed to pulg the cab into an extention in the back but there isnt any thing there. But there is an output jack for recording. Would that work?
Why?
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

If it doesn't have a cab out you can't hook a cabinet to it. Simple as that.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
If it doesn't have a cab out you can't hook a cabinet to it simply.

Fixed
My Stuffs
Whammy->DL4->Holy Grail->MXR 108->Mesa Rectoverb
OCD->Sun Face->Big Muff->535Q->DL4->Orange TT
You don't want to mess with an amp that doesn't have speaker outs for one. Plus, messing with wiring and improper ohm loads can literally fry Spider amps. 8 ohms stereo per channel is the lowest load I think. And lastly, 30 watts solid state (not tube) is not much power for a cabinet.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by Moe.
Probably.
Would it be worth it? No.

Well, I was going to come up with your standard sarcastic UG Spider hate reply, but Moe beat me to it. He also did it in seven words. That's a lot less than I could do it in.

Anyways...

Every time you connect a Line 6 Spider to an extension cabinet, God kills a real spider. Do you really want to do that to some poor, innocent spider out there?
Quote by Kino22x
Fixed

Whoa dude. STABxYOU's post didn't need any fixing.
Signatures are overrated.
All you'd need to do is solder a a mono socket and plug to somewhere along the line of your speaker wires. When you want to switch between being plugged into the internal speaker and when you want to go through the extension cab, all you'd need to do is (turn the power off and) switch the cables. Although yes, there's not much point to it. It won't sound much louder, if at all. Plus, you'd need to match impedances between your speaker and the extension cabinet, and there's always the risk of the wires breaking or jack falling/pulling out, and frying the amp due to it losing its load.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
^Personally I think the Spider would sound better if the TS jerked his load over the speaker.

But pics or it didn't happen cannot apply in this case.
You know, I was actually considering editing my above post due to the possibility of someone mutilating it sexually. I decided against it, hoping that I wasn't near the pit. Obviously I was mistaken.

Regardless, the point that the threadstarter shouldn't bother trying to hook up a small practice amp to a cabinet remains, due to the fact that there will be little gain other than a sore back from lifting a 4x10 / 4x12 cabinet about.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Imma carry on twisting what you say:

due to the fact that there will be little gain other than a sore back

I disagree. The Spider has loads of gain, just not good gain.

..lol
Ha.
Ha..
Ha...

Well, that one didn't actually make sense. My "sore back" note made the implications of my comment obvious, and they certainly weren't referring to the amplifier.

If I hadn't included that, I would have welcomed it. But this time, I'm afraid I will have to disagree with your disagreement.

Sir, I bid you good night.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Well

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with your

comment

referring to the amplifier.