Ok, just asking for stories about how everybody here started playing the guitar!
Mine puts rest to some people who hate guitar hero for no real reason.
I played for about 8 months three years ago, and gradually quit, leaving my guitar to collect dust. I played GHII at my friends house a few times, and then I started to miss the guitar and began to play again. I just think it's kind of ironic how I got seriously back into it from a game that so many players hate. I've been playing for over a year now and I love it, I'm always trying to learn new things about guitar and general music.

Share your stories!
I got into playing guitar because I wanted to, then I stopped for 2 years, then I played again.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
started playing to impress girls in the 8th grade then quit for a year now i play because i love it
i saw my friend play mama im coming home by Ozzy and i thought it was badass. so i picked it up. too, i wass just a bassist. now i can do both. ha ha ga
F' IT
(whats the worst that could happen)
another question, for anybody who really loathes guitar hero out there, why? I know theres alot of douchebags who claim to be fans of bands like dragonforce becasue of that one song they had, or sudden RATM fans who know Killing in the Name and Bulls. But I think it's alot of fun with friends and, even though I should know most of the music anyways, it does introduce me to some good tunes.
Quote by luuuuuuukee
another question, for anybody who really loathes guitar hero out there, why? I know theres alot of douchebags who claim to be fans of bands like dragonforce becasue of that one song they had, or sudden RATM fans who know Killing in the Name and Bulls. But I think it's alot of fun with friends and, even though I should know most of the music anyways, it does introduce me to some good tunes.

GH is fun, just not most of the people who play it and think they can play Guitar, or guitar's easy or that x band is the best in the world because they can play fast

DRAGONFORCE *cough*
Quote by XianXiuHong
GH is fun, just not most of the people who play it and think they can play Guitar, or guitar's easy or that x band is the best in the world because they can play fast

DRAGONFORCE *cough*

yeah dude, im not just saying this because everybody else does. dragonforce isnt really fun to listen to at all and it seems like they should make a power ranger theme.
Then again, I haven't listened to a lot of them. They just sound pretty bad.
Quote by luuuuuuukee
yeah dude, im not just saying this because everybody else does. dragonforce isnt really fun to listen to at all and it seems like they should make a power ranger theme.
Then again, I haven't listened to a lot of them. They just sound pretty bad.

If you have one Dragonforce song you have them all.

Go watch Dragonforce Greatest Hits Promo on YouTube and you'll see.
Quote by XianXiuHong

ehh, I'll take your word for it
TS did you make this thread just to get people to bash the game? Because you reported "what do you think of GH" when nobody mentioned it.
i started because of sum 41. I alread owned a guitar and i thought they were cool and started playing kind of. that is really embarassing sum 41 got me started. i mean i freaking hate pop now. well then i quite untill i saw the FCPREMIX video by the Fall of Troy and learned that song. the 2nd band is better i just wish it was a better song by them. and a week ago i started but then stopped again. i love the guitar but i dont have the ability to spend a couple days perfecting a song. it sucks
Quote by luuuuuuukee
Ok, just asking for stories about how everybody here started playing the guitar!
Mine puts rest to some people who hate guitar hero for no real reason.
I played for about 8 months three years ago, and gradually quit, leaving my guitar to collect dust. I played GHII at my friends house a few times, and then I started to miss the guitar and began to play again. I just think it's kind of ironic how I got seriously back into it from a game that so many players hate. I've been playing for over a year now and I love it, I'm always trying to learn new things about guitar and general music.

Share your stories!

My story is almost identical. I started playing guitar like 6 years ago but I was never given any instruction or books or anything, so I gave up in about a week. 2 years ago, I bought Guitar Hero, which inspired me to start playing again.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by MedicreDemon
TS did you make this thread just to get people to bash the game? Because you reported "what do you think of GH" when nobody mentioned it.

nah, but I am curious why some people hate on it SO much. it seems like for some people, it makes them feel more secure as a guitar player to talk about how much guitar hero sucks. If you didn't notice, the title has two topics.
I wanted to get laid.

/troll
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by luuuuuuukee
nah, but I am curious why some people hate on it SO much. it seems like for some people, it makes them feel more secure as a guitar player to talk about how much guitar hero sucks. If you didn't notice, the title has two topics.

No it was one question directed towards GH haters.
I went with my mom to a friend's house. When I walked into his house, he was in his underwear on the couch, drunk as hell, playing an acoustic guitar and singing. I thought it was the most bad-ass thing I had ever seen.

He taught me a D-chord. The rest is history.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
My friend introduced me to Jimi Hendrix's works and I wanted to be just like him... except I didn't know he was black then.

*Watches a video of jimi hendrix at woodstock*
Me: Whoa. He's amazing, sounds kinda like jimi hendrix.
Friend: That is jimi hendrix........
Me: Wtf... he's black?!

Now its because its so much fun and I feel the most comfortable playing guitar than anywhere else.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I fell in love with guitar when I listened to Michael and Chris Amott for the first time.
*sighs* Good times, good times.
I actually got started from the GH games. I was a huge video game nerd until I started playing guitar. Now I'm a huge music nerd.
The only reason people hate on Guitar Hero is because some of non-guitar players admire Guitar Hero players more than real players.
Quote by XianXiuHong

You sir, are correct!
Like alot of people, I got started from Metallica. I had heard Harvester Of Sorrow and thought it was the absolute coolest thing ever, cause I had never heard anything like that before.

So months go by and I say to myself "I MUST learn to play like that!" So I asked one of my grandmothers for a guitar for Christmas when I was 13, and I somehow got it and spent many months with a guitar teacher and also trying to learn as many Metallica songs I could at that point in time.
"...I escaped into the music. And the music has been my best friend. It has always been a safeguard against life and reality for me..." -Hans Zimmer

"Friends are just your enemies who don't have the guts to kill you." -Steve Peplin
When I first heard Metallica on the radio I thought they were really badass. So I eventually bought all of their cd's and a few DVD's. Then watching Cliff play live was like the coolest thing ever, so I decided I wanted to be like him, and then I asked my parents for a bass for Christmas. I got it, played bass for 2 years, then eventually got some money and bought an Epiphone Goth Explorer.