Can anyone help me with setting up intonation and adjusting action on a Floyd-equipped bridge? I have a Jackson RR1, and it's got a Schaller Liscensed Floyd. When I was recently restringing it, long story short something broke and I had to fight with it for a long time, and now my intonations and action are all completely out of whack.

Can anyone give me advice on where to start? Bringing it to a shop isnt really an option, I need it for tomorrow night for a music class final. I should lower the action to the desired hieght first, right? Then Intonate it? Also, if anyone can tell me what to do (which screws I need to adjust, if I need to adjust spring tension, etc...) to perform both of these procedures?

Any help is appreciated
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
start with a balanced bridge.

and check out the floyd tutorial sticky at the top of the page
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Read the FR set-up guide at the top of the page. It helped me tons when i got my first FR
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I checked it, but I didnt see anything about ho to lower the action. I also went to the Floyd Rose website link in the sticky, but it didnt say anything about lowering action either.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
is ur bridge balanced? or lifted, or sunken into the body?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The bridge is lifted from the body. It's in an angled position, the very start of the bridge (closest to the pickup) is parallel but it slants upwards after that.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
you'll have to increase the tention by screwing the screws attached to the claw in the back in(deeper into the body) do this about half a turn at a time.

to adjust bridge height you turn the pivot screws in. its all on the first page of the set-up guide.

having a flat bridge is much more important than having low action, get that bridge ballenced friend.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Hey, I tried to tighten the springs, but the really didnt do much. They were already extremely tight, its getting to the point where I can barely turn it anymore, and the bridge is still sunk into the body a little bit (I dont have a pencil under the string lock inserts to keep them level, should I when doing this?)

Once again, thanks for all the help you can give me, I need the guitar tonight for a music class final and I'm hoping I can get everything figured out.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,