so i have decided to get a new amp. I usually play metal and hardcore stuff (blessthefall, devil wears prada, underoath, drop dead gorgeous, and Kse just to name a few)

so... what are some good ones that have the potential to sound similar to my playing style without having to use metal pedals and stuff?
budget? i would go with 6505/5150, but if u got money to burn. get a mesa boogie triple rec or a hughes and kettner warp X.
Quote by kckyle
budget? i would go with 6505/5150, but if u got money to burn. get a mesa boogie triple rec or a hughes and kettner warp X.

triple recs dont sound good unless u have an amazing cab, emg loaded guitar, a eq and a maxon OD (for metal). 5150 with decent cab and humbucker guitar is ownage right off the bat
i dont really want to go above 400

i have a epiphone les paul custom and i was thinking about putting some gibson dirty fingers on her
for around 400 if your really lucky you can find a 5150 used. otherwise the valveking. i also came across this amazing crate amp today at sam ash in time square new york. the reverb and gain sounds amazing with both hum and single. and the price was only 320. 320 for a brand new tube amp is a pretty sick deal.
Quote by kckyle
for around 400 if your really lucky you can find a 5150 used. otherwise the valveking. i also came across this amazing crate amp today at sam ash in time square new york. the reverb and gain sounds amazing with both hum and single. and the price was only 320. 320 for a brand new tube amp is a pretty sick deal.

what was it a crate what?
Quote by kckyle
for around 400 if your really lucky you can find a 5150 used. otherwise the valveking.

The difference in quality between those two amps is amazing. He should just save another 100-200 dollars and get a 5150. The wait'll be worth it.
Quote by Dream Pin
The difference in quality between those two amps is amazing. He should just save another 100-200 dollars and get a 5150. The wait'll be worth it.

really? i don't own either one of these so i'm not much of a expert

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=4&TempID=5&STRID=232514&Method=2&CategoryID=132&BrandID=1606&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=
Valveking's are just average. That's the thing, there's nothing special about them, they can do it all, just not very well. Built like a tank of course, since it's Peavey.
Cleans are better than the 5150's, sure, but this guy wants a good Metal/Hardcore amp, and there's a reason the 5150 is the to-go amp in the metal and hardcore scenes.
DO NOT GET THE VALVEKING, i play in a metal/hardcore band and they do not cut through the mix in the live show, no matter how much gain or the cab or the loudness, they just dont beucase there a more rock amp at most. i would seriosuly consider a 5150 amp or even a b-52 at 100. the b-52 is a good amp beucase its like a mesa dual rectum frier but its cheaper, tdwp uses dual rectums.
Quote by convictionless
DO NOT GET THE VALVEKING, i play in a metal/hardcore band and they do not cut through the mix in the live show, no matter how much gain or the cab or the loudness, they just dont beucase there a more rock amp at most. i would seriosuly consider a 5150 amp or even a b-52 at 100. the b-52 is a good amp beucase its like a mesa dual rectum frier but its cheaper, tdwp uses dual rectums.

Dual Rectums? haha.
I suggest saving up just a little more money and checking out the Bugera 6262 or 6260.
I use the 6262 and get a great sound out of it. For anyone on a budget, I highly reccomend it. It's very comparable to the 5150/6505 line of amps.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Save up another 200 and get a used Peavey 5150/6505 combo.

or you can get a new Bugera 6262 for 600 which Is a 5150 copy, I heard many good things about the Bugera
Quote by scottyboyy99
i dont really want to go above 400

i have a epiphone les paul custom and i was thinking about putting some gibson dirty fingers on her

Yeah guys, way to read the thread. It's not like TS will find a Recto for 400. Used 5150 combos are rare under 400, but it's possible.

IMO save a little more money if you can.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yeah i guess ill go to a guitar shop and play around with the 6505 and the bugera 6262
Quote by Dream Pin
Valveking's are just average. That's the thing, there's nothing special about them, they can do it all, just not very well. Built like a tank of course, since it's Peavey.
Cleans are better than the 5150's, sure, but this guy wants a good Metal/Hardcore amp, and there's a reason the 5150 is the to-go amp in the metal and hardcore scenes.

I dunno about that. 5150's are popular, but not even close to Rectos. Almost every metalcore band I've ever seen live uses Rectos, I'd say like 85-90%. I'm not saying 5150's suck by any means, hell I'm saving for one now, but I'd have to say the Mesas are much more common.

Now for the TS. I agree, go look for a used 5150/6505. They're great for metal.
^You forgot to mention almost all metalcore bands have used a 5150 at least once when recording/gigging.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
if you can afford a 5150 get it but otherwise look into a peavey ultra
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
dude im like in the exact same position as u but i have more money about $200 more but i love tdwp and live they play triple recs and peavey 6505s ive seen them live they also play with an ibanez tube screamer and they get hella good tone so im thinking about just saving up for a 6505 combo. oh yah and in that vid down there u can see in the background that one of the guitarist is playing through a b-52 at 100 head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSmr1DCXH5Y&feature=related