I was bored today so I went into my local guitar store just to see what they've got cause I had never been there before. Well I noticed they had a B-52 in there and I had heard somethings about these here on these forums so I grabbed a guitar and played away and it was pretty amazing. I can't quite remember the price for it but I know for sure that it was under $200 (US) it might have been like $160. I'm going to take my guitar in there on monday, since tomarrow's fathers day, and see how that bad boy sounds with my guitar. I was playing with a Washburn in the store and it sounded great. I was wondering if this is a good deal and if I should get it or not cause I really need a new amp.
and it's in working condition?
wow!
if everything works, that is an amazing deal, they go for like $700 new.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
and it's in working condition?
wow!
if everything works, that is an amazing deal, they go for like $700 new.

Seriously? Dang man I'm gonna go snatch that baby up before someone else gets it.
Yes. If you like that amp, GET IT! The price is so low because it's a discontinued product so they're trying to get rid of them. Have fun with it!
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
Quote by Metallica Fan21
Seriously? Dang man I'm gonna go snatch that baby up before someone else gets it.

Sorry, dude, i saw the same amp on my local guitar center, i think its the one your talking about. I grab it today for $100 even. I talk to the manager, he gladly gave it to me. I guess its not your lucky day....its mine

Just kidding, but if i see one, i will get it.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
Sorry, dude, i saw the same amp on my local guitar center, i think its the one your talking about. I grab it today for $100 even. I talk to the manager, he gladly gave it to me. I guess its not your lucky day....its mine

Holy shiit man I think you stopped my heart for a second.
Get it, I love my 112.

Its a nice amp as is...but replace the preamp tubes with Sovtek LPs or something and it'll really growl.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Drusus
Yes. If you like that amp, GET IT! The price is so low because it's a discontinued product so they're trying to get rid of them. Have fun with it!

Oh I'm going to. But it's not discontinued, I looked it up on the B52 website and it's right here.
If you click on the link to the "Buy it Now," Musician's Friend has it as "Discontinued."
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Just as a warning, the AT-212 has been reported to have some reliability issues. My reverb was broken right out of the box and now the amp is with a technician because it was making a grotesque siren-noise thing when I tried to play (not feedback or high-gain noise.)

But if it's out on the show floor then it should be alright.
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
for 200, are you sure it was an AT and not an lg?
That's a great deal if it was an at.
I've seen a 112 go for 300, but never 200.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was an AT. I'll be going back there today if it's open today, but if it's not I'll be going back tomarrow to scoop that piece up.

EDIT: Actually I'm 100% sure that it's an AT.
Last edited by Metallica Fan21 at Jun 15, 2008,
Wow, that deal is out of this world. That would have to be below cost I would think.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not