So i got $500 bucks for my birthday and i thought i spend $200-$300 on my first acoustic. Ive been playing electics so im new to buying acoustics and what to look for.

Here are the Takamines ive had in mind:
-New-

G340SC
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G340SC-Solid-Top-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516423

G340
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G-Series-G340-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516421

-Used-

Close to a 5 year old EG530C off of Craigslist.
http://takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=170&sid=352#

So which one would be the best buy? I dont really need it to be acoustic electric. Just want to have an idea once i get to GC tomorrow.
You always want to look for a solid top with acoustic guitars. As long as you keep that in mind, I don't think you'll find a Takamine that doesn't impress.
Quote by The Pickle Man
You always want to look for a solid top with acoustic guitars. As long as you keep that in mind, I don't think you'll find a Takamine that doesn't impress.

Have you played any of the guitars in the links?
And does a cutaway effect the sound of the guitar?
im in love with the takamine gs330s .. beautiful solid cedar top guitar .. sounds very good when fingerpicked .. has nice loud volume .. u should try it out .. its 300
Take the G340 off your list. It doesnt have a solid top. As for your 3rd choice, what is the price?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Take the G340 off your list. It doesnt have a solid top. As for your 3rd choice, what is the price?

Oh i thought i saw solid top on all of them....
$200 for the used one.
you're probably better off getting the G340SC then. that is, unless the used one is in near mint condition. My friend has a GE340SC, which is basically the same guitar except with electronics. It plays decently well and sounds alright too. However, my Art & Lutherie Cedar which costs around the same price sounded much better. My friend was also an electric player before he got interested in acoustic guitars, so I dunno... maybe you electric guitarists find the Takamine to feel a bit better?
Equipment:

you could really do bettor than just a solid top for 500, ive tried out takamines with just solid tops, didnt much like em didnt feel or sound good to me.

i say youd do much bettor with a seagull it many not be all solid but it sounds pretty good, performers i think are around that price range.

also masterbilts are a must on your list, the dreadnought mahoganies i think are pretty good, AJ i think are fuller than the dreadnoughts but still mediocre, but the EF's are really a big BANG for your buck. I dont own a masterbilt but if i had the extra money id probly buy it over anything else.

i already got a Martin MMV and i doubt anything else plays as good as a epiphone EF-500R at 550$ or even against intruments 300$+ more , i say the its up there with 15's, (the EF is a much more balanced instrument IMO) and can hold its own against a 16.

dont limit yourself to one company
I dunno. Every single takamine I've ever played in my lifetime has had amazing playability, and that's quite appealing I would think. There are higher grade Takamines that can definitely give Seagulls, Masterbilts, and even Martin some good competition. There's a reason why they're so popular.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
I dunno. Every single takamine I've ever played in my lifetime has had amazing playability, and that's quite appealing I would think. There are higher grade Takamines that can definitely give Seagulls, Masterbilts, and even Martin some good competition. There's a reason why they're so popular.

Yup, I very much agree. Especially the part about Taks and playability, their necks feel like they were made for my hand.
Every single takamine I've ever played in my lifetime has had amazing playability, and that's quite appealing I would think. There are higher grade Takamines that can definitely give Seagulls, Masterbilts, and even Martin some good competition. There's a reason why they're so popular.

Agreed. You can spend $250 to $2500 on a tak and it will be competitive with other guitars in the price range.
yeah i like the feel and playability of takamines as well and they are one of my favorite sounding guitars and then you look at the price wow lots of bang for the buck. and second on that g330 i played one at gc and left was gonna buy it the next friday and blammo gone man what a sweet guitar the action on it was lower than on my taylor. i could never strum agggressively with it but man a fingerpickers dream and the first cedar i have ever really loved the sound of.
For what it's worth, I own the EG341SC, which is similar to the G340 except it's black and has electronics. I couldn't be happier with mine. Great playability and tone. Taks are great in my opinion.
That first one is a solid choice. However, I liked the Art & Lutherie Dreads and Yamaha FG730s better; but I ended passing on all of them and saving more money for a Guild.