ok so here is the deal. I have been playing guitar for over a year. And next summer I plan to work at my moms job in chicago in the summer. Long story short, I will have at least have 3000USD and I have nothing really I want to spend it on, except anything music related. So I wanted to know from the people of UG if they would think I some jack arse that buys like a 1 grand guitar and a 1 grand amp and other effects and such. but the thing I have been playing for a year...well when you think of it two buy next summer, when I get the money.But I still plan to play guitar and stuff. But yeah what is YOUR opinion?
^ +1 Where was your question...?

Also, I find planning that far ahead to be pointless because by that time two summer and a winter NAMM will have passed, giving the availability of various guitars plenty of time to make some substantial changes.
a lot of weed and maybe a nice guitar or two
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by Moe.
My opinion?

That made no sense..

how did it make any sense. I will have to 3 grand by next summer and I am wondering if people will think I am some jack ass that has expensive gear with two years playing experience.(guitar)
Quote by loliluver321
how did it make any sense. I will have to 3 grand by next summer and I am wondering if people will think I am some jack ass that has expensive gear with two years playing experience.(guitar)

If you're really worried about that, you shouldn't be looking into new gear..
No offense..
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
If you're really worried about that, you shouldn't be looking into new gear..
No offense..

none taken, anyway :< but I will have 3 grand with nothing to use it for. OW LAWD WHAT DOES I DOOO. screw it ill buy like a golden toilet seat and other useless junk I wont need D:
If you want new equipment, use it for that. Don't just squander it. But don't go and buy your current dream rig. Do alot of research and put some careful time and effort into finding what you can buy that would be best for you. And it doesn't matter what people think of you because of your gear or anything, so don't worry about that.
well, if you want to play seriously, then spending 3 grand is acceptable. otherwise you would look like the spoiled kid everyone hates. i would spend half that at most, and save the rest for a later purchase.

a strat or ibanez/jackson (depending on your style of music) and a 2x12 tube combo amp.

then the money in the bank can help buy stuff later. like a new computer for college (no idea how old you are, guessing 16ish).
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
ha yeah I am 16. But I already no I am not going to college. but anyway I am serious about playing, my family says its a "phase". but its not, I love playing. I lock myself in my room and usually play around 2-3 hours a day but i don't want to spend all of it because I may need that golden toilet seat.
Quote by loliluver321
ha yeah I am 16. But I already no I am not going to college. but anyway I am serious about playing, my family says its a "phase". but its not, I love playing. I lock myself in my room and usually play around 2-3 hours a day but i don't want to spend all of it because I may need that golden toilet seat.

that's it?

I don't advise spending the full three grand on guitar related stuff...
Quote by T!AN
that's it?

I don't advise spending the full three grand on guitar related stuff...

...I just said I didn't want to
I lock myself in my room and usually play around 2-3 hours a day but i don't QUOTE]

Really thats all? Why don't you buy a JEM and send it to me?
Quote by loliluver321
I lock myself in my room and usually play around 2-3 hours a day but i don't QUOTE]

Really thats all? Why don't you buy a JEM and send it to me?

hhmmm couldn't tell if you were joking or being an arse D:
still, im the same age as you, and im trying to save up some money to help pay for a computer in a few years (before college, and when the newest platform is mainstream). and yes im a bit of a tech geek.

anyway. im trying to say that eventually somethings gonna be worth your money. eventually.

i dont know what style music you prefer. but here is what i would like. its about $1200. you can adjust it as you see fit. but please be sure it is something you truely love. (dont get defensive or something about this, but as long as you wont grow old of it)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGR320EX-Electric-Guitar-512359-i1172556.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp-104003389-i1145635.gc

EDIT: oh yea, with the extra money, id love a bit for a custom guitar from warmoth. its less then 1K. that is, if were friends (yea ima kidding)
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

Quote by loliluver321
ok so here is the deal. I have been playing guitar for over a year. And next summer I plan to work at my moms job in chicago in the summer. Long story short, I will have at least have 3000USD and I have nothing really I want to spend it on, except anything music related. So I wanted to know from the people of UG if they would think I some jack arse that buys like a 1 grand guitar and a 1 grand amp and other effects and such. but the thing I have been playing for a year...well when you think of it two buy next summer, when I get the money.But I still plan to play guitar and stuff. But yeah what is YOUR opinion?

LOL. What a nutty post!

You won't have it for another year and it's already burned a hole in your pocket?!
You don't HAVE to spend money ya know. Saving it might not be a bad idea.
But if you wanted to spend it all on gear, go ahead. Why on earth would you care
what anyone thinks? It's your money.
Quote by edg
LOL. What a nutty post!

You won't have it for another year and it's already burned a hole in your pocket?!
You don't HAVE to spend money ya know. Saving it might not be a bad idea.
But if you wanted to spend it all on gear, go ahead. Why on earth would you care
what anyone thinks? It's your money.

you're nutty :<
Quote by Skar578
still, im the same age as you, and im trying to save up some money to help pay for a computer in a few years (before college, and when the newest platform is mainstream). and yes im a bit of a tech geek.

anyway. im trying to say that eventually somethings gonna be worth your money. eventually.

i dont know what style music you prefer. but here is what i would like. its about $1200. you can adjust it as you see fit. but please be sure it is something you truely love. (dont get defensive or something about this, but as long as you wont grow old of it)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGR320EX-Electric-Guitar-512359-i1172556.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp-104003389-i1145635.gc

EDIT: oh yea, with the extra money, id love a bit for a custom guitar from warmoth. its less then 1K. that is, if were friends (yea ima kidding)

yeah I do know what you are talking about. Because I would like to spend some of that moneys for a good gaming computer buy if anything I really would LOVE to have a Fender '65 mustang reissue guitar
I got lost just trying to read and understand this thread
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
yea. or a jazzmaster. it would be so nice.
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

Quote by loliluver321

you have a money problem with 3000 dollars???
also, you've only played guitar for over a year??

don't waste your money. Save for a car or college. It'd be better if you had more experience under your belt before you go blow your money. Find what you're good at (or what you want to play) and exploit it through the intrument and gear.<-- that makes sense.
Quote by kai29
you have a money problem with 3000 dollars???
also, you've only played guitar for over a year??

don't waste your money. Save for a car or college. It'd be better if you had more experience under your belt before you go blow your money. Find what you're good at (or what you want to play) and exploit it through the intrument and gear.<-- that makes sense.

*sigh* can you please read my other post. I clearly said I dont want to blow all of my money
i did read it, you don't want to spend 3000 you want to spend 2000
why are you not going to college?
Quote by kai29
i did read it, you don't want to spend 3000 you want to spend 2000
why are you not going to college?

honestly my grades arent the greatest...but not to the point were I am failing all the time. an F only once. I am smarter than what my grade show I am...or so people say...but anyway, that is a story for another time
Quote by loliluver321
honestly my grades arent the greatest...but not to the point were I am failing all the time. an F only once. I am smarter than what my grade show I am...or so people say...but anyway, that is a story for another time

a lot of people with low(er) grades still go to college. They usually have to pay more because of less scholarships so you will want money to do that. They even have music classes at college and if you want to be serious about the guitar, which it sounds you do because of the money you want to spend, you should learn music.
Quote by kai29
a lot of people with low(er) grades still go to college. They usually have to pay more because of less scholarships so you will want money to do that. They even have music classes at college and if you want to be serious about the guitar, which it sounds you do because of the money you want to spend, you should learn music.

yeah ever since years ago, I wanted music to be apart of my life
Dude, you dont always have to spend your money. Save it. Later, when you will have to buy a car, you will need those 3 grand.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
with that much money a decent guitar with tube amp will do i think. but i'd recommend learning materials.
personally i'd recommend john petrucci's rock discipline. but you can just download it wtf.
as for me i'm looking forward to getting guthrie govan's advanced techniques. since i already have rock discipline.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Go for it. The glorious thing about guitar equipment is that if you need money again, it holds its worth. Especially if you go second hand, you won't lose any money. I always recommend buying second hand though, it just doesn't make sense to buy new.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If you are asking if UG will find you to be a douche if you buy new gear with your money that you earned by working, the answer is simple: YES!

If that matters to you, I'll gladly take your money and spend it on gear for meyou.
i think this thread will be more beneficial for you if we recommended gear that you might buy for your level and your interests, so what styles are you into
Quote by imgooley
If you are asking if UG will find you to be a douche if you buy new gear with your money that you earned by working, the answer is simple: YES!

If that matters to you, I'll gladly take your money and spend it on gear for meyou.

...but the majority of the people in here don't think so :/
Quote by mdavolio33
i think this thread will be more beneficial for you if we recommended gear that you might buy for your level and your interests, so what styles are you into

I mainly play more post rock, rock,alittle metal here and there