I'm going to buy myself the new crate flexwave 120 watt combo with 2X12" speakers and multi channels for stage gear on Tuesday but I'm a bit unsure. I see no reviews in the review section which makes me think . It goes for about 4900 in South African Rand here where which is a great price and the quality is apparently flawless. My question is does anyone on this friggin site have this amp who can give me their view on the thing!!!?

peace
It suckx.

IMO, it has some of the better cleans out of the crappy low end SS amps out today.
But, i'd go for a smaller tube combo though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It suckx.

IMO, it has some of the better cleans out of the crappy low end SS amps out today.
But, i'd go for a smaller tube combo though.

+1

the flexwave is a box full of "meh"
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
It sucks.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at Jul 28, 2008,
Lol a 120 watt SS for that cheap, you honestly think it's good?
I would personally consider Marshall MGs, Spider III's and Crate Flexwaves on the same level.

Pure junk.

Save your money for something good TS. When I was very inexperienced on guitar, I went ahead and bought some crappy 60 watt SS...I had noone to tell me to stop...So I went ahead and did it, and wasted like $300.

You get the Flexwave, you are going to start to dislike its tone within a week.

If you don't have a crapload of money, there are much better SS amps you can look at (i.e. Roland Cube 60), or even some Randalls and others.

Don't listen to 'Leat', he doesn't have an ear for tone
Quote by Leat
I own it. Don't listen to these guys, they don't know how to dial in a SS amps tone. If you like it, get it. I am currently uploading demo vids to my youtube account[in sig] which you can look over and review for yourself.

Oh hey everyone, seriously look at the Demo 1, I clipped the clean channel[volume @ max] and guess what? It's only slightly muddy, but not unusable muddy. Meaning it's great for a SS amp. I mean you guys seriously have to not try to dial in tone and go "oh, it's SS, so it's ****". Well think again, SS has come a long way and is sounding great even more.

for the price of a flexwave you can get a valveking 112 or a cratev v18 or a palomino v15 or a epi vj. all of those amps are better value for the money than the flexwave(which yes, i have extensively used dont pull that you havent played one crap) not to mention they all sound superior

are the extra features of the flexwave nice? yes they are.

does the amp sound good on the gain channel? no

will the op regret spending so much on this amp in a couple months? probably

either way its the op's decision, and personally, id recommend passing over the flexwave 212

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Last edited by the boogieman at Jun 15, 2008,
Shweet dudes for the advice but keep in mind I'm no Donald Trump when it comes to buying gear so I can't afford Marshall gear.. yet, that is!
Quote by Leat
I own it. Don't listen to these guys, they don't know how to dial in a SS amps tone. If you like it, get it. I am currently uploading demo vids to my youtube account[in sig] which you can look over and review for yourself.

Oh hey everyone, seriously look at the Demo 1, I clipped the clean channel[volume @ max] and guess what? It's only slightly muddy, but not unusable muddy. Meaning it's great for a SS amp. I mean you guys seriously have to not try to dial in tone and go "oh, it's SS, so it's ****". Well think again, SS has come a long way and is sounding great even more.

Also a great feature about the amp is the Bank A/Bank B effects on all 3 channels. So you get 6 Effects banks total. Instead of just On/Off it's On/On.

Don't listen to THIS guy. He's a rebel fighting against the Tube Army. He's trying to recruit for the underground resistance SS militia.

...really, I don't know. It's late.

But in all honesty, in the short amount of time I've been a member of this site, I've come to learn that Dark Arbiter is someone who knows what he's talking about. Listen to him. Go tube.
Quote by Arteest
Shweet dudes for the advice but keep in mind I'm no Donald Trump when it comes to buying gear so I can't afford Marshall gear.. yet, that is!

What options do you have? I don't really know what you can get in South Africa. Can you order online (from some African online shop?)?

Edit: Oh, and about those Flexwave videos - I liked the cleans, I hated the distortions.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by Fama
What options do you have? I don't really know what you can get in South Africa. Can you order online (from some African online shop?)?

Edit: Oh, and about those Flexwave videos - I liked the cleans, I hated the distortions.

um well we have the same variety of products as any other country, but I don't have too much money, but I need a new amp yesterday! I was looking at the Marshall range and the Peavy range but too tight for my budget. My amp is completely screwed it gives me problems with delay and crap, it's really becoming a hastle. I've been informed that crate has great tone and quality compared to various other amps in that price range. International orders from S.A are possible but the shipping charges are mad.

I Hope that about sums it up.
Last edited by Arteest at Jun 15, 2008,
How about Roland Cubes or Vox Valvetronixes?
Quote by Lunchbox362
IMO, the Flexwave is the worst amp I've ever played: even worse than some MG's, in fact.
Get a Cube or a Valvetronix. At least they're pretty nice for home playing.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Leat

Also a great feature about the amp is the Bank A/Bank B effects on all 3 channels. So you get 6 Effects banks total. Instead of just On/Off it's On/On.

I played one in guitar center once to see if it was any good at all(i was an idiot 6 months ago )
couldn't get it to sound good at all.
my spider beats it

oh and i watched your youtube videos, can't say i'm a fan of that tone at all
But hey, if you're happy with your amp then thats fine.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
When I first started guitar, I had absolutly no ear for tone. I thought mgs sounded fine and would have bought one if I had the money. But I tried a crate flexwave and even I thought it was bad. I made a mental note NEVER to buy crate. Look for a crate V18, good amp.
if you're just starting guitar, you'll like it. but once you get better and have the opportunity to try out some real amps, you'll hate it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
It sucks.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at Jul 28, 2008,
dont get it

i have it

the cleans are decent

reverb sucks..turn it higher than 4 oyu get insane feedback

gain 1..decent sound

high gain..sounds like buzz more than distortion, o yea, insane unusable feedback at high volumes

the higher you tuen it up, the more uncontrollable feedback you get, and the worse it sounds.

and it doesnt take peals well at all.
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by Leat

i was eating cereal and your clean tones were "Ok", when the distortion came in i almost threw up. good luck redoing the whole thing dude...i doubt i will lie it then anyway... bu yea if you like it thats all that matters.
my traynor cost 500$, 60 watt and its a QUALITY ss amp.

**** crate flexwave serie imo they sound like a ****ing low end zoom pedal through a marshall mg.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
aw thanx man I really had confidence in the FW, it looked like a great buy..

But then again the people who sell the amps will obviously make it out to be more than it really is..
I've had the flexwave 120 for about.. a week and half got so ****in sick of it's crappy tone and sold it. Bad cleans too... Save for a tube amp.
your best bet would be to try and make it out to a guitar center or something similar and try out the amps they have.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Follow your own head,listen with your own ears,It's an EXCELLENT AMP,
These Nay sayers KNOW where They're headed,...No,not to HELL,Just TO THE REPAIR SHOP WITH THEIR SUPER COOL,OVER-PRICED ANTIQUE DESIGNED TOYS,...Get With It people,the Times are changin',SAD,ALWAYS the Same OLD TIRED TUBE TONE BS RANTS!!
GET THAT FLEX WAVE,These guys all use PODS in front of their TUBE amps anyway,..HAHA!!
Bob
Last edited by GAINZILLA at Jun 19, 2008,
...is that guy a troll or just an idiot?
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
...is that guy a troll or just an idiot?

i think he's just an idiot.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by GAINZILLA
These Nay sayers KNOW where They're headed,...No,not to HELL,Just TO THE REPAIR SHOP WITH THEIR SUPER COOL,OVER-PRICED ANTIQUE DESIGNED TOYS,...Get With It people,the Times are changin',SAD,ALWAYS the Same OLD TIRED TUBE TONE BS RANTS!!
GET THAT FLEX WAVE,These guys all use PODS in front of their TUBE amps anyway,..HAHA!!
Bob

You can't have an opinion. Your name is Bob.
Quote by GAINZILLA
Bob

XD!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Horlicks
You can't have an opinion. Your name is Bob.

His name is Robert Paulson.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
wow this has turned into an crate vs. anti - crate debate. Well I was stubborn enough to order the FW. If I learn to regret it I shall burn down the Crate Factory wherever it may be!!!!! mwhahahaha
Last edited by Arteest at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by Arteest
wow this has turned into an crate vs. anti - crate debate. Well I was stubborn enough to order the FW. If I learn to regret it I shall burn down the Crate Factory wherever it may be!!!!! mwhahahaha

Here, you deserve this:

Hopefully you will regret it before the return policy expires.
But, if you like it, that's all that matters.
I just hope that you played some tube amps before you bought the FW.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
haven't tried the tubes man but hey i don't think it's gonna be that bad..in good time i shall buy myself a full stack and break the sound barrier but until then the sexy flexy will have to do.next in line on my list is the morton signature jackson hells yeah!
Alright, I just wished that you would have A/B'ed the FW with comparable tube amps...

But hey, it's not my tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Alright, I just wished that you would have A/B'ed the FW with comparable tube amps...

But hey, it's not my tone.

+1

live and learn though

he'll find out he overpaid sooner or later

Quote by Dempsey68
Quote by Arteest

As one who's played through one thoroughly, have fun with your empty, half-***ed tone.