hey guys i was wondering if you knew any songs that could help ease me into playing artists such as between the buried and me, i love there music.

any songs will be accepted and any advice will help
well start frm metallica like master of puppets, one , nothing else matters........you could also try iron maiden.....even if u are not able to play their songs straight through without errors still it is great ,,,,,,,sumthing is bettr dan nothing,,,,,,,i started dis way
Darkest Hour has a lot of good guitar work that can help build you up to BTBAM.
look at between the buried and me's influences and listen to them and then try and play some of their stuff (i.e. Metallica, King Crimson, Sepultura, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Queen, etc.). If you like albums like "Colors" they have a lot more proggy and jazzy stuff in there, so you should try and learn a bit jazz or jazz-fusion too along the way.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

is there like a giant thread or something somewhere where there are a bunch of exercises for improving speed and dexterity?
your best way to improve speed is learn fast songs. this will also help with improvising becasue you will understand how songs are put together.
Quote by wretchedspawn
your best way to improve speed is learn fast songs. this will also help with improvising becasue you will understand how songs are put together.

The only way to improve speed is to focus on accuracy. Learn to play well slowly first, then look to gradually increase your speed over time - it takes years.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 16, 2008,