I just got a 4x10 120W Crate speaker cabinet, and I'm looking for suggestions on a head for it. I'm looking for something that can get really loud and stay really clean, as I will be using pedals for most of my tone. That's mostly for rock. I'll also play jazz on it, in which case I probably won't use pedals. My jazz tone is fat and clean, with some reverb. So basically, I'm looking for something good for a 120W, that stays clean, and has some reverb too. I'm gonna try to stay under $500, but I'll consider going higher.

And if it helps, for rock I'm playing a Gibson explorer (with original hardware) through a Zoom multi-effect pedal, and for jazz I'm playing an Arbor archtop. I'll be relying heavily on the bridge pickup in both cases.
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV perhaps, but keep in mind, it is VERY loud, i can't seem to get the motherfocker quiet (except if you turn everything down, but that just ruins sound)
With that you can play about everything.
greetz
Peavey Valveking 100. Better yet, B-52 AT-100, for a hundred bucks more then your limit, definitely worth looking into.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by dumbasss
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV perhaps, but keep in mind, it is VERY loud, i can't seem to get the motherfocker quiet (except if you turn everything down, but that just ruins sound)
With that you can play about everything.
greetz

get a thd hotplate or mass
how much higher would you go. for around 500 your option for all these features and kinda of limited. the 5150 has a crappy/decent clean. only used it once at my friend's house. if your budget can go higher like say around 800 then i would suggest a orange or the hughes and kettner switchblade which is what i have.
Oh yeah, and you can find good one at the massage parlor.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦