Well its almost summer time and I plan to get better ,but the Youtube videos haven't been cutting it lately... so yea I've been planning on buying several guitars DVDs to help me get better any suggestions?
Edit: When summer starts I would have been playing for 2 years so yea if that helps at all.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Rock Discipline by John Petrucci.

Easily the best DVD for building technique you'll ever ever ever ever come across.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Everything that Paul Gilbert ever made is awesome and inspiring and it's fun.
I'd highly recommend:

***Paul Gilbert - Intense Rock Complete
This will give you some crazy ideas which you can use in your own playing. Paul very clearly shows licks, and teaches techniques. Legato, sweep picking, alternate picking, string skipping and other very helpful ideas. Paul shows you some great ROCK ideas, huge notes, huge sound and DYNAMICS (how to make your music more colorful)
****Get Out Of My Yard
It's actually GOOMY audio CD how-to, but of course we have here appendixes :
hammer on's and pull off's
arpeggios
vibrato
alternate picking

Really , these dvd's made my life happier

Cheers , Robak
Yeah, I think that if you're in rock&roll stuff you would be happy with any of his dvd. For begin I'd recommend
1.Guitars From Mars (Rock)
2. Intense Rock

Then your head will be full of new ideas and inspiration
well Is that one dvd by Micheal angio batio good
the speed kills series?
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
all these videos are great and what not, but they dont make you any better, ive found it much more beneficial and cheaper to be using the time spent looking at a screen to be practicing, and looking licks up online. all these videos give are some ideas for licks which can be heard on all their CDs and what not. im not saying they are bad, but a good DVD does not make you better
Quote by :-D
I go to college with mattrsg1; for what it's worth he is the best guitarist I have heard in person, and in particular stands out from others in my age group. You will not be disappointed, honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpCZpysf94
Quote by Alter-Bridge

Easily the best DVD for building technique you'll ever ever ever ever come across.

+infinite
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by Alter-Bridge

+2xinfinite

HOWEVER: You simply MUST have a good bit of technique and understanding of how to play the guitar effortlesly BEFORE you get started on this movie. Case in point: when I bought this movie I had been playing for about 7 years and was pretty alright I suppose. However, I had not had any lessons, and had a monster death grip on the fretboard, exerting WAY to much pressure and effort on the strings to sound out notes/sweeps/chords etc. When I got that video, alot of the focus of the earlier drills were in stretching. Stretching + way to much gripping effort + ignorance of technique = a year long case of chronic tendonitis that still holds me back from playing the guitar AT ALL today. I had bad technique, practiced religiously for 4-5 hours a day, and that pretty much destroyed my hand. I haven't been able to play ( or type on a keyboard or the piano or gripping or holding ad infinitum ) since and it's been a almost a year.

SO!! Be careful, stretch out, take breaks, and have your technique examined by a proffessional. That's the tip for the day.
rock discipline puts me to sleep tbh, even though its good for getting speed up and getting some decent warm ups.

For something that'll make you sound better, Melodic Control by Marty Friedman. you can watch the whole thing on google video. Worth it.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
rock discipline puts me to sleep tbh, even though its good for getting speed up and getting some decent warm ups.

For something that'll make you sound better, Melodic Control by Marty Friedman. you can watch the whole thing on google video. Worth it.

Agreed 100%. RD was painful to watch, IMO.

Melodic Control is great, as is pretty much any Paul Gilbert video.
Quote by theocao
well Is that one dvd by Micheal angio batio good
the speed kills series?

Batio is all about showing off and he really isn't teaching you.

dug Mark on the other hand, he has some great videos.

Check out some Metal Method.
If I was you Melodic Control isn't up to spare with some of the DVD said in here...