Page 1 of 2
Is Nicotine and Alcohol any different than FAT and CALORIES?

If you think about it.... Nicotine just adds to the effect of obesity? so does alcohol!

So if you are a glutton? does it make you any different from a skinny drunk?

Discuss?
Quote by juice0133
Is Nicotine and Alcohol any different than FAT and CALORIES?

If you think about it.... Nicotine just adds to the effect of obesity? so does alcohol!

So if you are a glutton? does it make you any different from a skinny drunk?

Discuss?

i haven't heard about nicotines effect on obesity, but alcohol is a factor, however alcohol damages your liver to cause obesity, and although you can do the same with fatty foods, i'd say alcohol is worse.
But when it comes down to it it's all moderation, you have both alcohol in fat in moderation you'll be fine, but yeah nicotine's just not good stuff all together.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
IMO being a glutton/bad eater is the same as being an alcoholic or smoker.
Quote by juice0133
IMO being a glutton/bad eater is the same as being an alcoholic or smoker.

if it causes a health risk then i agree
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by leaping badger
i haven't heard about nicotines effect on obesity, but alcohol is a factor, however alcohol damages your liver to cause obesity, and although you can do the same with fatty foods, i'd say alcohol is worse.
But when it comes down to it it's all moderation, you have both alcohol in fat in moderation you'll be fine, but yeah nicotine's just not good stuff all together.

True.. but if you are a good eater and you are an alcoholic... I see it as that same demise.
Quote by leaping badger
if it causes a health risk then i agree

Of course that is what I am talking about.
Are nicotine and alcohol any different than fat and calories?*

In the way you put it, I say no. Stay away from nicotine altogether.
Cigarettes make you thinner.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by metalderek
Are nicotine and alcohol any different than fat and calories?*

In the way you put it, I say no. Stay away from nicotine altogether.

in the way i put it..... i say eating fast food burgers, and what not, is the same as smoking or drinking alcohol...

It's just something to think about... eating bad (W/O exercise)
is the same as drinking/smoking/chewing. IMO.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Cigarettes make you thinner.

they CAN curb your appetite... but if you eat crap food then it makes no difference.
Alcohol contains "empty calories" (no nutritional value) with about 7 calories to a gram (i think), so its gonna contribute to increased fat storage.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
as far as effect on the body, I say no. But nicotine and alchohol just feel so much better than eating. I'd say drugs win. what are the benefits from overeating, anyway? At least with the nic, booze combo you get a nostalgic euphoria, wiht overeating you just get fat, and still cause organ damage.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Alcohol contains "empty calories" (no nutritional value) with about 7 calories to a gram (i think), so its gonna contribute to increased fat storage.

Thats what i'm saying... It's just as destructive as living an unhealthy eating lifestyle. IMO..... i just want to see if you guys agree/disagree.
Quote by bat69420
as far as effect on the body, I say no. But nicotine and alchohol just feel so much better than eating. I'd say drugs win. what are the benefits from overeating, anyway? At least with the nic, booze combo you get a nostalgic euphoria, wiht overeating you just get fat, and still cause organ damage.

MOST people get a good feeling when they go to a buffet or good eating place, or they eat something delicious or unhealthy. i feel that it is the same as getting drunk or getting the feeling from a cig.
Quote by juice0133
in the way i put it..... i say eating fast food burgers, and what not, is the same as smoking or drinking alcohol...

It's just something to think about... eating bad (W/O exercise)
is the same as drinking/smoking/chewing. IMO.

Yeah, it's all bad shit
I can agree there, but isn't OVEReating to keep going until after you're already full?

EDIT: Then again, my opinions biased, I don't like to eat. I actually only do it when its painful not to. Or unless I'm at a place that serves buffalo wings.
Quote by bat69420
I can agree there, but isn't OVEReating to keep going until after you're already full?

EDIT: Then again, my opinions biased, I don't like to eat. I actually only do it when its painful not to. Or unless I'm at a place that serves buffalo wings.

Buffolo Wings

I think that gluteny is a faster more disgustingly obvious effect then smoking.
But you can work off the weight.
Runnning laps isnt gunna pump the damage to your lungs out.

In summary...
Smoking=slowley kills but you cant go back to before
Bad eating habits=fast effects but they can be easily reversed by diet, excercize, and putting down the damn burger.
Quote by Deffmetal666
Buffolo Wings

In summary...
Bad eating habits=fast effects but they can be easily reversed by diet, excercize, and putting down the damn burger.

thats a good point.
Quote by bat69420

Even if you dont eat that much... it can be very fatty and what not.
Quote by juice0133
Thats what i'm saying... It's just as destructive as living an unhealthy eating lifestyle. IMO..... i just want to see if you guys agree/disagree.

Well ethanol is also toxic to your liver cells, where as overeating isn't.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Well...

I eat food high in saturated fat, drink lots and lots of beer, and smoke...

Yup, I'm on a path to an early grave.
Oh don't you worry one can survive at least half a year on alcohol alone before he dies of avitaminosis, liver failure or any other effect of alcohol poisoning. Nicotine itself is in no way harmful to the organism. It's the smoke you inhale that's unhealthy. That's why they give you nicotine patches or tablets ( gum ) to teach smokers how to stop. Chewing nicotine gum curbs your craving and stops you from wanting another cigarette. Nicotine itself does nothing harmful to you.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Well ethanol is also toxic to your liver cells, where as overeating isn't.

WRONG!!! lolololol

/stupidity

Ethanol is toxic to the whole body, not just liver cells. One of the functions of the liver is to filter out poisons from the body and incorporate them into the waste system.
Quote by Bronek
Oh don't you worry one can survive at least half a year on alcohol alone before he dies of avitaminosis, liver failure or any other effect of alcohol poisoning. Nicotine itself is in no way harmful to the organism. It's the smoke you inhale that's unhealthy. That's why they give you nicotine patches or tablets ( gum ) to teach smokers how to stop. Chewing nicotine gum curbs your craving and stops you from wanting another cigarette. Nicotine itself does nothing harmful to you.

very true. in moderation..... If you were to put a drop of PURE nicotine on your tongue... you would die.
Quote by Bronek

This is pure bull**** bro :

0.5-1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.[11] [12] This designates nicotine an extremely deadly poison. It is more toxic than many other alkaloids such as cocaine, which has an LD50 of 95.1 mg/kg when administered to mice. Spilling liquid nicotine on human skin could result in death.

And the fact that Calories is just a measuring unit for energy (1 cal = 4,2 joules) should be mentioned to. It just tells you how large the amount of released energy is, when the food is burned by the body.

So it's compleatly meaningless to talk about calories as a dangerous substance.
The body needs fat to stay alive, and it delivers a lot of energy when burned, cuz the fat molekyles are only oxidized very little.

So the problem is when you seize more energy than you need, then you get fat. So it's fat isn't dangerous at all. But humanity has lost total control over it's natural insticts and this perverted consume-society makes the degenerated humas stuff them selves with multible times more food then they need, whilst slowly destroying their physique trough lazyness and comfortaddiction ....
Quote by Robertoodavid
This is pure bull**** bro :

0.5-1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.[11] [12] This designates nicotine an extremely deadly poison. It is more toxic than many other alkaloids such as cocaine, which has an LD50 of 95.1 mg/kg when administered to mice. Spilling liquid nicotine on human skin could result in death.

even smaller amounts also increase the heart rate and blood pressure
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by Deffmetal666
Buffolo Wings

In summary...

That's not true. You can get healthy after smoking. For example, if a person smoked for 5 years, but developed no cancer cells, his risk for cancer will be that of a nonsmoker in 1-3 years.

As for getting back in shape, all you have to to is build your lung strength back.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Noone ever died from not having enough alcohol or nicotine.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by imgooley
WRONG!!! lolololol

/stupidity

Ethanol is toxic to the whole body, not just liver cells. One of the functions of the liver is to filter out poisons from the body and incorporate them into the waste system.

Meh i know what i meant.

Cunt.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by rabidguitarist
Noone ever died from not having enough alcohol or nicotine.

Alcohol withdrawals can result in death.

I'm not kidding, it's true.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka
Alcohol withdrawals can result in death.

I'm not kidding, it's true.

I was referring to people that don't get addicted.

You can be born and never drink alcohol or smoke, and you can be perfectly healthy.

My point is that alcohol and nicotine can only harm the body, where as fat is necessary for being healthy. (within reason)
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I was referring to people that don't get addicted.

I know, that's why I put the .
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by jvoj
Alcohol > Nicotine

marijuana > everything else.
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Meh i know what i meant.

Cunt.

Don't you know that teh internetz is srs bzniz?

Naw, I know what you were thinking, but it did need to be clarified. Misconceptions bear threads such as this one.
Quote by imgooley

Don't you know that teh internetz is srs bzniz?

Naw, I know what you were thinking, but it did need to be clarified. Misconceptions bear threads such as this one.

Misconceptions like you being a cunt?

"WRONG!!! lolololol"

I don't understand how you can try to turn this argument around after you did that.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Page 1 of 2