So me and my family are going on a long car trip down to France, and we live in Sweden. Obviously It'll be numerous hours of free time in the car and I've bought some novels to read. Then it came to my mind that I can use this time to learn some music theory, which I can't bother learning at home. So my question is. What would be the best way to do this? Any particular books? Is there something else I can improve guitar wise during this trip without the actual guitar?

thanks in advance
Woah!

Don't read in a car, you'll give yourself a headache

You got an iPod? Maybe see if you can find some audio lessons on theory or something. Or perhaps record some intervals and stuff and get used to listening to them, or even just study a load of songs that you'd like to learn and get them really well memorised ready for learning when you get back to the guitar
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm not much of a reader, but one book I've been reading recently is "Mastering Audio - The Art and the Science."
If you do any recording whatsoever I'd strongly suggest reading it.
Hehe, I don't have any problems reading in a car. I've done trips like this several times before and it's not a problem. Only place it could be hard to read is in the alps with all those serpentine roads. But I'll definately listen to a lot of music as well.
It might be worth writing out ideas for songs, probably in treble clef; do try to imagine the sound. You could also learn the locations of notes on the fretboard, just by thinking it through.
I'd definately suggest doing what Steven Seagull said about the interval thing.
Like record you saying what the interval is "Third" or "Fifth" or whatever, then play 2 notes with that interval, then a chord that uses it.
Definately very helpful.
Quote by Dream Pin
I'd definately suggest doing what Steven Seagull said about the interval thing.
Like record you saying what the interval is "Third" or "Fifth" or whatever, then play 2 notes with that interval, then a chord that uses it.
Definately very helpful.

Just to expand on that, you could also tag on an example from a piece of music you know
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Just to expand on that, you could also tag on an example from a piece of music you know

Aye, also, learn yer chord inversions!
1. This may annoy everyone else in the car, but learn to sight sing.

2. Print out the "theory" lesson in my signature and read it. Mind you, the CoF is backwards.
Quote by bangoodcharlote

2. Print out the "theory" lesson in my signature and read it. Mind you, the CoF is backwards.

I think I'll do that, thanks for the suggestion