Hi,

I have this guitar with a floating bridge, which I think its an Edge.

I don't know whether fixing it will be well worth it, here are some problems i've discovered after spending a lot of time trying to DIY.

1) The fine tuners. I don't really know the terms well so I try to describe the problem as well as I can. Basically when I screw the fine tuners down, it pushes this bar down so that it raises the pitch (I think, thats what its suppose to do anyway). The problem is when I try to raise the fine tuners, the same bar gets stuck there and I suspect this is due to the rust that doesn't smoothen the movement. So can this issue be fixed?

2) Intonation. I've been doing a lot of research on the internet, and seems like there's this special tool that helps you adjust your intonation which I don't have unfortunately. Are there any alternatives to this?

I've been told I shouldn't give up on this trem but I'm not sure if problem 1 can be fixed. Would a simple rust removal do?

I'm also considering changing to a fixed bridge if possible.

Thank you for any responses.

EDIT: Its a MIJ Ibanez Rg450 and it is an Edge bridge and not a Lo-Trs.
MIJ Ibanez RG450
MIM Fender Stratocaster
Schecter 006 Extreme
Randall RX15 amp
Boss GT8
Last edited by colt17 at Jun 15, 2008,
I was referring to this tool:

MIJ Ibanez RG450
MIM Fender Stratocaster
Schecter 006 Extreme
Randall RX15 amp
Boss GT8
try the floyd rose setup thread, which is stickied.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id love to have a 90's MIJ RG
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Yea I've read a lot of it.

I just don't know if problem 1 is a simple rust problem which can be easily rectified or if the whole tremolo needs to be changed altogether due to the fact that its not responding to the fine tuners. So I'm hoping someone else who has experienced a similar problem can shed some light.

The guitar was made way back in 1992, just six years younger than me. And it was a gift which I'm convinced, if fixed, will sound good. Already it sounds very good (tho out of tune) when played thru distortion, compared to the schecter and mim fender strat that I have.
MIJ Ibanez RG450
MIM Fender Stratocaster
Schecter 006 Extreme
Randall RX15 amp
Boss GT8
i meant to post in it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?