sounds odd ,but do you think it wouldn't sound crap if you used a tele and the overdrive channel with the gain around 3ish (just so it's a thin/medium overdrive)? because i've found the cleans on it suck, the overdrive is nice.. has anyone experienced this before?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
all in all 5150 has only the distortion channel to its advantage... the tele's distortion with that specific amp would be pretty thin(not in a good way)...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I'll have to say you can get a nice Tone with a Tele with a Mild amount of Distortion runs Nicely on my Vox for that "Vintage Feel".. I never played on a 5150 but it shouldn't sound too bad.. way I see it.. give a try..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
5150 is good for distortion. So are Tele's.

I don't see the problem.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
A Tele would sound quite good with a 5150. I've used a friends strat with mine on many an occasion and I was always able to get some nice tones out of it. Also, the cleans on the 5150 aren't as bad as you guys think. I use the low gain input and the rhythm channel for my OD's and the lead channel with the gain zero'd for my cleans. The lead channel has a slightly darker voicing than the rhythm channel so it can get some pretty jazzy cleans if you back the volume of the guitar down a bit.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar