Hey. Im a boy been playing guitar for a while now, but i still can't play fast, and pick very well. I can play chords etc and solos well, but when it comes to fast things it just don't work. How did you guys learn to play fast, and do you know anything i can practise, and how, to be better?
Thank you very much

Sorry my english *
get some scale runs, dont be scared to mess with dream theater or malmsteen, take just 1 part that is kinda "straight" and practice it to perfection...after i learned to do 1 run, i could do 50 others

but its nothing other than practice, start on a slow beat, and watch your pick movement, it has to be as short as possible and alternating, and the same way you pick slow if you practice youll play fast so do it right or youll get sloppy and it will be hard to fix (believe me, i learned that the hard way lol)
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
hahaha, I don't think that telling someone that you're a boy will help you with your speed.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by Martindecorum
practice scales to a metronome making sure every note sounds nice

yup, i do that, it's kind of annoying but it is important because you have to play slow at the beginning and make every note sound clean and then go faster and faster with playing without errors
Quote by the_extremist00
get some scale runs, dont be scared to mess with dream theater or malmsteen, take just 1 part that is kinda "straight" and practice it to perfection...after i learned to do 1 run, i could do 50 others

but its nothing other than practice, start on a slow beat, and watch your pick movement, it has to be as short as possible and alternating, and the same way you pick slow if you practice youll play fast so do it right or youll get sloppy and it will be hard to fix (believe me, i learned that the hard way lol)

What was the first run you learned?
ya follow above info (scales and such)

but also try the "spider" finger exercise, made to increase speed
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS