hey guys im really thinking about buying the jackson rr5 for my arsenal and was wondering if there is anything that i need to know about it before i buy it, potential bad things i guess. also i was wondering if since jackson is now owned by fender is the guitar ****? all the help i can get is great thanks
Attachments:
ad111d2d5615edb41dd8b84c98265956.jpg
well i never tried it but i can answer on the fender ownership hmmm
some say they are better now some say they are worser... so i guess your ear
must decide that =]
jackson's aren't bad guitars. the rr5 sounds good, but i had a lot of things break and such on it. so if you have more money than what you're spending on it, and you don't mind having to fix it now and again, it's worth it.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
mines a King V and its Black

___________Gear_________________
Jackson-king V (gig guitar)
Fender-squire start (dont even no how i got it or why i on it)
ibanez-mikro (travle,school,and somtimes gig guitar)
fender-frontman 15G (practice amp)
Fender-stage 1000 (gig amp)
Hehe, you just made this thread to show off your new guitar, didn't you?

Nothing to worry about here, it's an overall great guitar. The alder body gives it a brighter tone than let's say a Gibson V, but the Seymour Duncan pickups have a lot of midrange, so you won't end up having a thin tone, it's rather really well rounded.
Beware though, if you play death metal or anything alike, you might consider something with different pickups. The ones used here (SH4, also known as JB) do have the output you need for anything rock oriented and for '80s metal, but there are better guitars if it has to be as brutal as possible.

Overall great instrument.
Ok...where to start...

Things can break off any guitars.

Jackson is owned by Fender but guitars DID NOT change. Same thing, different day.

The RR5 is Japanese made, and they were before Fender took over. Made at the same place, by the same people.

It's Maple neck through, so the Alder wings have very little influence on the sound. Maple is bright and tight sounding mostly. Not VERY bright, but bright nonetheless.

You do NOT need high output pickups for metal. In fact, it's NOT advisable. Most amps nowadays have the gain needed. High output pickups were from amps didn't have the gain people wanted, and they had to push them a little more.
Quote by TheQuailman
Hehe, you just made this thread to show off your new guitar, didn't you?

Nothing to worry about here, it's an overall great guitar. The alder body gives it a brighter tone than let's say a Gibson V, but the Seymour Duncan pickups have a lot of midrange, so you won't end up having a thin tone, it's rather really well rounded.
Beware though, if you play death metal or anything alike, you might consider something with different pickups. The ones used here (SH4, also known as JB) do have the output you need for anything rock oriented and for '80s metal, but there are better guitars if it has to be as brutal as possible.

Overall great instrument.

Pretty much sums it up.

Great guitar, just make sure you are comfortable with playing a V shape.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
The RR5 is an amazing guitar. Neck-thru construction, Duncan JB pickups, alder body, beautiful finish, and the great quality of a Jackson. I myself would die for their new RR5FR.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
The RR5 is an amazing guitar. Neck-thru construction, Duncan JB pickups, alder body, beautiful finish, and the great quality of a Jackson. I myself would die for their new RR5FR.

+1
great guitar , but the resale value of this guitar is pretty low . so u might wanna get a used one it's still the same thing unless u wan the new floyd version.
Quote by thefrigginbob
Great guitar, just make sure you are comfortable with playing a V shape.

+1

Even in the classical position, the guitar isn't the most comfortable for everyone.
its an amazing guitar, the second i picked it up at guitar center i knew i was in love, i bought it and couldnt be happier, it works great for death metal too, I play randy rhoads stuff, to megadeth, to kreator, and all the way to cannibal corpse, and the thing never lets me down, it even makes my line 6 spider sound decent
Quote by T!AN
+1

Even in the classical position, the guitar isn't the most comfortable for everyone.

I find that my RR, when sitting in the classical position, is one of the most comfortable guitars I've played.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
HMMMM. seeing that i own an RR5, i'd say try to get it WITH a case. i mean it good freakin luck finding a case. it took me literally 2 months after i bought the guitar to find a case on sale. sitting with the guitar came naturally to me and i find it more comfortable than sitting with a strat. one thing though, is that i freakin hate them stock pickups. sound like cheap ****. nothing wrong with my guitar yet. if you can take care of your guitar, you will have no chips, like most people (WTF IS THAT??? HOW DO YOU GET CHIPS ON IT! I WOULD CRY IF I GOT THEM ON MINE). the gold corrodes pretty easily, but it's hardly noticeable. i watched a video of myself and the gold looks perfectly fine. great playability and stage presence.

um.. as for buying used, i recommend it, but it will be hard to find one that isnt chipped. i got mine ebay first bid $700 + $40 shipping haha. i got REALLY lucky. (NO CASE THOUGH ****).
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I love jacksons because I have one of my own and this one is a great one but I just found the lack of a tremolo bar the only reason I didn't buy one, personaly I think that the gibson Randy pokadot V would be much better but there extremly hard to find I spent a month looking for one till I found it and then it was too expensive to buy but I say go for it buy the RR5