Hi guys how are you?

I finaly have the money to buy a ditortion pedal and I need recommendations from you guys. I want a distortion pedal that simulates Metallica ( ...And Justice for All or Black Album ) sound.

My guitar : B.C Rich moking bird ST
My Amp : Zoom Fire modeling Amp. ( I dont want to change it at the time )
My budget : 250 $

Thank you guys very much
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
ehx metal muff.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by shpaz
Hi guys how are you?

I finaly have the money to buy a ditortion pedal and I need recommendations from you guys. I want a distortion pedal that simulates Metallica ( ...And Justice for All or Black Album ) sound.

My guitar : B.C Rich moking bird ST
My Amp : Zoom Fire modeling Amp. ( I dont want to change it at the time )
My budget : 250 $

Thank you guys very much

Tough, you need to. Get rid and get yourself a Roland Cube instead, a pedal's not going to do what you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks guys
keep them coming.....
who's Mark?
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
metal muff all the way
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
^ hahahaha

thanks
keep them coming
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Metal Muff is a great pedal when used with a tube amp, but sounds thin through a solid state....

Unfortunately those metallica tones you seek come from very high end amps and not pedals...
Quote by mcrfobtai
You REALLY need a new amp. I didn't even know zoom made amps. I bet they suck.
Man, look at the EQ on the Mesas.

"Mids are for suckers", says Kirk Hammet.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by mikepark89
metal muff all the way

Fuvk no. That pedal will get you nowhere near Metallica's sound through a solid state. I've tried, trust me. It sounds really compressed and thin, very bad. Through a tube amp it sounds great. I've heard it through a VK and it sounds really nice.

But through a solid state that pedal is too much. I would work much better for really heavy, death metal stuff in drop tunings, but not for Metallica.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by steven seagull
Tough, you need to. Get rid and get yourself a Roland Cube instead, a pedal's not going to do what you want.

That will do exactly what you want too. Plus you can make a few bucks of the amp you have now. Go for the Cube.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Remember that Metallica's tone has changed a lot thru the years, so it depends on what era(s) you want to emulate. And that can range from the MXR '78 distortion to the MXR full bore metal, Boss MT-2 metal zone and others.
I remember when Digitech made modeling pedals emulating Clapton, Hendrix, and a guy from disturbed. It sure would be nice if they'd do the same for Metallica, but I'm sure there are way too many legalities.
Quote by jbailes
Remember that Metallica's tone has changed a lot thru the years, so it depends on what era(s) you want to emulate. And that can range from the MXR '78 distortion to the MXR full bore metal, Boss MT-2 metal zone and others.
I remember when Digitech made modeling pedals emulating Clapton, Hendrix, and a guy from disturbed. It sure would be nice if they'd do the same for Metallica, but I'm sure there are way too many legalities.

yeah so do i. it was probably around the time that this thread was made. five years ago.
Didn't Hetfield use a ProCo Rat years ago?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Oh lawd...someone close the thread...
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5