I need a place that sales guitar woods. Im having trouble finding any places that sell the basic woods as well as exotic woods. Any sites yall know of?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
I need a place that sells guitar woods. I' m having trouble finding any places that sell the basic woods as well as exotic woods. Any sites y'all know of?
Have you tried Warmoth? They have a decent selection. How exotic do you mean?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

stew mac sell your basic woods
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Nah, I havent tried Warmoth yet. But by exotic I mean something like bloodwood, redwood, cocobolo, zebrawood, and kingwood. Those kind of exotics.
I'm aware they have zebrawood, redwood, bloodwood... And maybe cocobolo, but I'm not sure about the cocobolo.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I do think buying wood on the internet is almost insane. I noticed the prices are out of this world.

I live 15 minutes away from the largest Amish population in the world, and there is a place called Keim Lumber that has loads of this stuff for fairly cheap. There was a large piece of mahogany, enough to make a 1 piece body, for 27 dollars. They have ebony, lacewood, zebra wood, blood wood, everything you would ever want and Alder, swamp ash, and all that good stuff.

I was thinking about going and purchasing some of the larger pieces and cutting them down and pawning them off here for you guys, just because I find it insane what all these internet sites do to the prices!
^ its even worse in England pretty much my only choice is buying online and its expensivo.

Theres a guy on ebay that lives near me selling wood atm but he says I cant look around his shop

ebay might be your friend on that front, seems to be a lot of wood on ebay.com, not co.uk though unfortunatly

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Call this company

http://www.squeedunk.com/

Ask to talk to Grant Goltz. (he owns the company)

Grant has hundreds of types of exotic woods. Including everything you listed. He buys whole logs and rips them down for furnature but he saves the best cuts for guitar stuff. I've personaly spent thousands on wood from him.
Not taking any online orders.
Damn, thanks Cord. I'll be giving him a call tomorrow and seeing what hes got. I still dont know specifically what type of wood Im gonna want yet, but Im getting there. Basically Im building a Tele style guitar and I want to be able to just finish the wood with a clear or something. So I want a wood with really beautiful grain to it and just an overall beautiful natural finish of the wood.
Quote by Tackleberry
exoticwoods.com

^+1

or a lumberyard if ur close to one, cause the lumberyard will be ten times cheaper
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking