Anything about this post-hardcore band goes in here. My favorite songs are Smart or Milquetoast
I've always heard them called Alt Metal or Stoner Metal (which I haven't a clue what that means)

Anyways, they kick serious ass.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by webbtje
Nu-metal. How did you reach the conclusion they're post-hardcore?

WTF? NU-METAL? The frontman studied Jazz before he formed the band and their songs contain guitar solos and unlogical song structures.

I reached the conclusion because it's obvious. And it's on wikipedia too

Genre(s) Alternative metal, Noise-rock, Post-hardcore

Nu-Metal is Linkin Park, Slipknot, Korn and other 'bands'
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by 08L1V10N
WTF? NU-METAL? The frontman studied Jazz before he formed the band and their songs contain guitar solos and unlogical song structures.

Let me put it this way:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207

As far as this site is concerned, they are nu-metal. Or they go in the nu-metal forum, at least. I agree it's a little harsh, but hey, life's tough sometimes.
Quote by 08L1V10N

Don't quote wikipedia on music, it is so, so, so wrong on so many accounts.
Quote by 08L1V10N

Wow, not all Nu-metal musician's suck at their instrument's asshole. You assume that they're a gnre because of Wikipedia and a false impression of a musician's ability to play in a certain genre. John5 played for MM and he plays for Rob Zombie, but he can also play sick shred, country, surf, everything else. Just because he plays for modern rock bands means he will suck, or because he can play well, means they're a different genre?

Lol.
Quote by element4433
I've always heard them called Alt Metal or Stoner Metal (which I haven't a clue what that means)

Anyways, they kick serious ass.

Stoner metal usually refers to doom metal or sludge metal, sometimes specifically bands that reference marijuana use
I don't think they belong in this forum. And they are extremely boring live.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Helmet were post-hardcore before post-hardcore meant widdly riffs and melodic breakdowns.

Much of the early/mid 90s alt metal scene was also part of the post-hardcore scene...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
They were never nu-metal that's it. I had like 4 other argumentes (besides the wikipedia one :P) And in that ****ty list you posted is Evanescence (alternative rock) and they omitted Linkin Park (nu (puke) 'metal')

Live they kick pretty as to date
Instead of whining, I suggest you PM greety and see how he feels on the matter. Go on.