So I recently got a Strat replica for my birthday, it's made by Behringer. [Seemingly,] The only possible way to tap with it is to tap really, really hard. Now, I've tried tapping the same exact thing on my friend's guitar, I don't know what brand it is, and I don't even have to use 1/2 the force with his as I do mine. It's much easier on his guitar. Is this just because of a ****ty guitar or something more?

btw, I searched the FAQ and nothing came up, and sorry if this is in the wrong place.
he might have smaller string gauges...that's about all I can think of

oh yeah, and action.
Possibly his pickups are much hotter than yours and are picking it up easier. That or your volume dial is set low (trust me I've done that before ). Check that, if its not that turn the volume and or gain up on your amp as a temporary measure and maybe get some hotter pickups.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Is it the V-tone pack which comes with the GM108 amp.

If so that's what I started on. This is because of the action on the guitars. The action on the Behringer is terrible to be honest and you have to press down with more pressure to sound notes.

You could get it set-up and asked to lower the action but I wouldn't. Just save up for another guitar.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
sum it all up:

action may be too high
volume too low (possibly gain low as well)
strings too thick (not likely tho)

and thats all assuming you know how to tap correctly.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Some guitars require pedals to make it more meaningful, straight tapping unless volume is way high is bound to be quiet through amp anyway
The first 3 replies pretty much summarise my ideas. High action, heavy gauge strings, poor pickups. Has he got a better distortion on his amp? Higher gain effect?
CompTIA Certified Triple A+, Network+ Professional.
Quote by Donkey Fly
Is it the V-tone pack which comes with the GM108 amp.

Yeah.
Quote by dimebagmatt
Has he got a better distortion on his amp? Higher gain effect?

We used the same amp and settings.
Your mate's guitar will be better, I mean a Behringer isn't exactly going to be brilliant compared to other guitars..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
its a plot by the evil xenu to make you give up your strat copy and buy a real one
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.