I got my jackson back from my brother after 2-3 months and the neck is downright dirty.
Like theirs a build up of dirt on both sides of the actual fret steel and it irritates me because I like my gear in great condition.

I have Dunlop 01 Cleaner and prep but it really doesnt do a great job.

Just wondering could you guys give me some tips how to clean it nicely?
Quote by False_God
I got my jackson back from my brother after 2-3 months and the neck is downright dirty.
Like theirs a build up of dirt on both sides of the actual fret steel and it irritates me because I like my gear in great condition.

I have Dunlop 01 Cleaner and prep but it really doesnt do a great job.

Just wondering could you guys give me some tips how to clean it nicely?

Lemon oil.... go to home depot and buy a big bottle for 5 bucks, it gets the job DONE!! And it gives it a nice smell and will hydrate your wood. Do not put too much or you will screw up your frets. As far as frets, search google for how to polish guitar frets. You'll see it, I just forgot the name of the site.

Good luck!
DO NOT USE LEMON OIL ON YOUR GUITAR!!!

Lemon oil on a fretboard is like licking your lips. At 1st it makes it feel better but then you have to keep doing it otherwise your lips (or your fretboard) will get uncomfortable. Eventually it'll do permenant damage. On a guitar you get a sticky build up (it takes years but it happens) that is quite unpleasant. Getting rid of it can cause cracking.

A well used fretboard should never need oiled. The oil from your hands is enough to keep it from cracking. If you clean your fretboard and it gets dry after you are done then use synthetic fretboard oil from www.lmii.com or use linseed oil. The disadvantage of linseed oil is that it is poisonous and that if you are not careful it can gum up your fretboard the same way lemon oil does. The advantage of Linseed oil and synthetic fretboard oil is that they don't have to be reapplied all the time. 1 or 2 times over the lifetime of the guitar is enough.

Back on topic. Try GHS fast fret after every time you play. It'll clean the strings and make them sound better and last longer and it'll clean and oil your fretboard. Great stuff.
Not taking any online orders.