Hi Pit,

I need some advice on how to deal with a problem I've recently come across in my life, so I thought to myself, "Who knows better than the lovely citizens of the Pit?"

Anyway, on to the problem:

About a month ago, I was cruising around town at night with a friend of mine, because we had nothing better to do. We were just talking and I guess I lost concentration because the next thing I know, I've hit a car.

Now, let me detail this collision to you, so there are no misunderstandings. It was a parked car on the street on my right side. I was driving too close to it apparently, and my right mirror collided with the car's left mirror, causing it's mirror to shatter and fall off (my mirror left the accident completely unscathed).

Once I realized that I had hit another vehicle, I drove away a couple of blocks, parked, and checked my car for damage. Then we got in the car and left (a ****ty thing to do, I know, but it's not the point of this thread).

So I left the scene of the crime thinking that there's no way they'd ever find out it was me, and lived my life happily for about a day.

That's when I found out that the car I hit belonged to someone at my school, and that someone told him I hit his car. He told me he would bring it to the shop and tell me how much I owed him.

When he brought me the invoice, I was shocked to see that it cost upwards of $300US. Well, I reluctantly agreed to pay it, because I thought I had no other choice.

I took another look at the invoice and saw that his insurance had covered it, and yesterday my friend informed me that if the cost of repair was under $500, it would have no affect on how much he payed for insurance.

So now, I'm not so sure if I should pay him at all. Please, Pit, give me guidance.

TL;DR: I hit some kids car, he wants me to pay for it but his insurance covered it. Should I pay or not?

P.S. Keep in mind that I'm a high school student and $300 isn't easy for me to come by.

EDIT: holy **** this is long
A/S/L?
Dumbass, u got done.

I did pretty much the same thing last week, i drive a truck and cars had been parked waaay to close together, as i squeezed through i smashed a mirror off. I stopped, jumped out told the angry looking garage owner (it was the garages car) his ****in cars were parked waay to far from his building and offered to pay for the mirror.

Drove down the road, paid £9 (bout $20) for a replacement mirror and gave it to him. Job done.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
If his insurance had paid for it then don't give him anything.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
haha ya, if hes a dick about it after his insurance pays sue him

and ur friends a douche for telling him in the first place :P