Page 1 of 3
im gonna sand out underneath the fretboard on my sz.
anybody have any objections? i dont want my neck to twist in half or some bad ****.
it a neck thru, i dunno what else you would need to know
May I ask why in the fucking hell you think this will prevent it from warping?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
no im gonna sand out the body, so i can get to the higher frets easier, and im wondering if it will **** up my neck for something, im not sanding the neck at all just the body below the neck
still.....WHY?!! HOW IS THIS TO HELP YOU REACH THEM? unless u sand out like, 1 inch or so. but jeez, what are you thinking?
dude, you are just going to take some paint or wood out of it, its not that you are gonna get a saw and pwn your neck.

but i warn you that the contour of the neck might be uncomfortable in the end
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by codyshredfoo
no im gonna sand out the body, so i can get to the higher frets easier, and im wondering if it will **** up my neck for something, im not sanding the neck at all just the body below the neck

Uh, probably the neck will fall out.
nah im not gonna sand the neck AT ALL, so im not worried about it being uncomfortable.

im only gonna sand like 1-2 centimeters maybe a little more MAYBE.

would anybody say this is a really bad idea? for a reason other than its not gonna look pretty?
Quote by King Baby Duck
Let him do it so we can find out what actually will happen.
Cody, take out as much as you want

lol...see...this is kinda my only working electric right now...so i kinda wanna know if im gonna **** it up before i do it...
Don't. It's not gonna help with fret access and your guitar will just look ugly and out of balance.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by HeliuM
Don't. It's not gonna help with fret access and your guitar will just look ugly and out of balance.

agreed
jesus christ is it that hard to understand?

he's going to sand the inside of the lower horn of his guitar to improve fret access on his neck thru guitar.

either that or add an extra cutaway on the inside of the lower horn like the laiho ESP does.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i started doin it, its gonna take way longer than i thought, it took me like 10 mins just to get through the clear part and the paint
dude is this a joke or are you insane lol
1) your gunna be sanding forever to make a difference to your upper fret access
2) how are you replacing the paint job and clear coat?
3) your crazy haha
lol. well i guess if you already started, go ahead and get an electric sander. it will be much faster.
Quote by Underjoggle
My guitar is made from the wood of Christ's cross. With strings made of his beard hair.
lol...i dont mind sanding forever its gonna be badass. i can already tell.
why would i replace the paint or clearcoat? ive had this guitar for 3 years i dont care about it being pretty anymore
Quote by codyshredfoo
lol...i dont mind sanding forever its gonna be badass. i can already tell.
why would i replace the paint or clearcoat? ive had this guitar for 3 years i dont care about it being pretty anymore

Cool man. And when people ask why the back of your neck is so worn in just say that you shred so much it wears your neck out! hahaha
Quote by Underjoggle
My guitar is made from the wood of Christ's cross. With strings made of his beard hair.
Wow are you serious? Everyone is telling you how dumb this idea is and all you can say is i dunno... all I need is a tiny bit more room.

Whatever you really don't seem to care if you mess up your guitar and btw you probably will. I don't feel sorry for you, just for the guitar.

Edit: I just saw the pictures. Wow. Why? Why so many things I refuse to get into it. At the very least murder it properly, don't leave half dead when your done.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Jun 15, 2008,
Where you're sanding isn't really going to help upper fret access...

The heel plays a bigger part in blocking your hand. That doesn't mean I recommend sanding it, because I think this whole idea is dumb, I'm just saying...

EDIT: If you go to much further the way you're currently doing I have a feeling your going to hit the cavity where the neck pickup goes...

EDIT2: I keep looking at the picture and I realize all you've managed to do is ruin the finish...
Last edited by T!AN at Jun 15, 2008,
You are gonan have to do more work than that.

look at rusty cooley's cutaway.
oh wow...
you sir...need to learn more about fret access
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by T!AN

EDIT: If you go to much further the way you're currently doing I have a feeling your going to hit the cavity where the neck pickup goes...

+1

That's about as far as you're going to be able to go imo.
So have you heard of many guitar players that sand off their guitars to gain a little more fret access?
Do you realize the amount of insanity in your lines?
OH I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!! YOU'RE MAKING IT LIKE ALEXI'S guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho?sku=516782

compared to

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR1-Randy-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar?sku=511450

notice how the first guitar's bottom cutout is deeper. that's what he's doing.. i must say, you doing it yourself is stupid. you gotta paint it over agian and ****.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The people saying "Zomgz!! Are you insane???" are just copying what previous posters said so they look like they know what they're talking about.

Sanding this will not cause damage to your neck (Unless, of course, you sand your neck)...

BUT...

-With the guitar, you may find that you cannot sand much because of the pickup.
-As mentioned, the heel has a lot to do with fret reach (Though if you feel that this area is causing you, personally, trouble... then that's what hindering your playing, not the heel).
-It will look ugly... but looks mean nothing when talking about playability.

I will say this as my final... word/thing:

It won't cause problems to your guitar, but the pickup area might force you to stop... making the guitar look ugly AND you with no more fret access than you'd normally have.

If you have some way around this... Go for it!
DONT DO IT! just dont do it...

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
This hardly seems worthwhile. What are you gaining? Access to 2 or 3 more frets a little easier? How much are they even used?
Quote by roshjosh
The people saying "Zomgz!! Are you insane???" are just copying what previous posters said so they look like they know what they're talking about.

Sanding this will not cause damage to your neck (Unless, of course, you sand your neck)...

BUT...

-With the guitar, you may find that you cannot sand much because of the pickup.
-As mentioned, the heel has a lot to do with fret reach (Though if you feel that this area is causing you, personally, trouble... then that's what hindering your playing, not the heel).
-It will look ugly... but looks mean nothing when talking about playability.

I will say this as my final... word/thing:

It won't cause problems to your guitar, but the pickup area might force you to stop... making the guitar look ugly AND you with no more fret access than you'd normally have.

If you have some way around this... Go for it!

seems a lot like
Quote by T!AN
Where you're sanding isn't really going to help upper fret access...

The heel plays a bigger part in blocking your hand. That doesn't mean I recommend sanding it, because I think this whole idea is dumb, I'm just saying...

EDIT2: I keep looking at the picture and I realize all you've managed to do is ruin the finish...

Original yourself eh?
Page 1 of 3