Page 1 of 4
Anyone else seen the advert?

I like it...

Its well made and uses The Album Leaf, so it is FTW in my eyes. And it gets its message across very well.

Opinions?
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Pause it at 1:13. Thong slip.
>_>
<_<
Don't ask how I noticed that...

Powerful advert though, quite scary come to think about it.
Edit: That actually was really sad...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Last edited by add45 at Jun 15, 2008,
our society sucks.....chavs, lowlifes who live off benfits when they are able to work, ****ing tonnes of illegal imigrants
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Quote by SBLAKELEY
our society sucks.....chavs, lowlifes who live off benfits when they are able to work, ****ing tonnes of illegal imigrants

Hey, sounds like Texas
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by MightyAl
How do you disarm a country when people can shoot using their fingertips?

This man raises a good point.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by SBLAKELEY

Awesome. I think that's absolutely 100% in tune with the sentiment of the video.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by MightyAl

It's a really good advert, got the messege across really well. Though, i doubt i'd watch it more than once since it's 3 minutes 40.
Quote by MightyAl

Cut their hands off obviously

Are you that daft? It's a bit too obvious.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
even though i agree with the advert, i think the message should be de-assholizing britain instead of disarming britain, they are both pretty much impossible. Do you people think people should be able to carry guns in self defense? i've always agreed with 'disarming the innocent does not protect the innocent', but i dunno, its hard to say since my life hasn't been affected by gun crime.
Quote by Jabman
Cut their hands off obviously

Are you that daft? It's a bit too obvious.

Thats stupid!

...you only need to take the index finger.
Quote by kaptink
Thats stupid!

...you only need to take the index finger.

That still leaves them with three fingers and a trigger.

Gah, people these days are idiotic.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by MightyAl

i think its a symbollic thing, like everyone has fingertips, and almost everyone has a gun, well not rlly, but like in the end they say its child play. so they assume everyone has a gun, but the ad was like trying to promote not using it or something, by showing the consequences and stuff.
You can't change human nature and because of that there will always be murder. I think the best way to deal with that fact is to not live in fear of it and instead live better in honor of the gift that life is.
We're only strays.
British society is not falling apart.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
The problem with the rising crime rate in britain is that nobody seems to be doing anything about it! All our taxes are being spent on benefits and imigrants rather than more prisons! But then even if there were more prisons we would need judges to sentence everyone severely to get the point across rather than making an example of the odd lout! People on the street know that if they commit a crime the police arent even goin to look for them, let alone prosecute them! Politicians are paid hundreds and thousands of pounds of our taxes to runs this supposedly democratic country and yet they dont listen! Get a prime minister who does listen to us and maybe something will get done!
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
i think its a symbollic thing, like everyone has fingertips, and almost everyone has a gun, well not rlly, but like in the end they say its child play. so they assume everyone has a gun, but the ad was like trying to promote not using it or something, by showing the consequences and stuff.
Well duh.
Obviously you don't have a sarcasm-O-meter plugin for your browser.
Quote by patrickmoslin
If british society was fine people wouldn't be getting shot!

Yes, but if you take away guns, people are just going to build new ones. It's difficult to make a gun that can kill someone half a mile away. If all you need to to kill someone 5 feet away, a hell of a lot of people could knock one together in their garage.
Quote by MightyAl
Yes, but if you take away guns, people are just going to build new ones. It's difficult to make a gun that can kill someone half a mile away. If all you need to to kill someone 5 feet away, a hell of a lot of people could knock one together in their garage.

thats the point though, why are these bastards making guns, to rob a shop to get money to fund their crack habit. People who have that mentality should be locked away and starved to death. I also hate how people use 'human rights' to make their lives better even though they have commited a crime, maybe affecting a lot of peoples lives.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
thats the point though, why are these bastards making guns, to rob a shop to get money to fund their crack habit. People who have that mentality should be locked away and starved to death. I also hate how people use 'human rights' to make their lives better even though they have commited a crime, maybe affecting a lot of peoples lives.

Well, crackheads are not, in general, people with the skill to manufacture even a basic weapon.
However, even if you could remove all the extant firearms, and prevent new ones entering circulation, it could only be done through what would amount to an attack on personal freedoms that even Stalin might have considered 'a bit much'.
But maybe not, he was a loon.
Quote by SBLAKELEY

are you seriously from manchester? ?Who in manchester calls them chavs? They're scallies to mancs!
Also, tons of immigrants? I haven't seen any obvious signs of them lately plus, they're a benefit to the economy and like the british don't emigrate? Old people pack up and move to the south of france and florida etc. all the time when they're no use to society and they still get their pensions from England. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but please, immigration is hardly our biggest problem.
Instead of disarming Britain, all they need to do are put tougher restrictions on them. If people have been convicted of a felony or something they can't buy a gun. You'd have to take a course on gun safety, pass a test and pay for a license. Disarming Britain would just make it easier to get firearms on the black market and cause more crime.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Instead of disarming Britain, all they need to do are put tougher restrictions on them. If people have been convicted of a felony or something they can't buy a gun. You'd have to take a course on gun safety, pass a test and pay for a license. Disarming Britain would just make it easier to get firearms on the black market and cause more crime.

1. I have no idea what a "felony" is, please explain.

2. Guns are extremely difficult to buy unless you live in the country, it's illegal guns that are the problem.

3. By disarming Britain they mean disarming ALL guns illegal especially.

I don't know how to put it without sounding patronising but guns in the UK are a very different problem to the USA.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

There are already restirctions on firearms, you do have to pay for a gun lisence and The main provider of weapons is already the black market!

If disarming britain meant destroying every single gun available to the public then so be it! Whether your a vintage gun collector or not i dont think anyone should be in the possesion of a gun in the same way i think that if xbox 360's were causing so much trouble i'd happily give mine up to clean up britain!
Quote by Ironza
Chav holocaust anyone?

This r epic idea
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by Cal UK

2. Guns are extremely difficult to buy unless you live in the country, it's illegal guns that are the problem.

3. By disarming Britain they mean disarming ALL guns illegal especially.

I don't know how to put it without sounding patronising but guns in the UK are a very different problem to the USA.

Felony = Crime
Anyone else notice that all the people there pictured with a gun were characterised either as a black guy or a chav? Nice going channel 4.
^I think that could be down to realism rather than stereotyping. You don't see many 70 year old women on trial for gun crime.

Quote by patrickmoslin
The problem with the rising crime rate in britain is that nobody seems to be doing anything about it! All our taxes are being spent on benefits and imigrants rather than more prisons! But then even if there were more prisons we would need judges to sentence everyone severely to get the point across rather than making an example of the odd lout! People on the street know that if they commit a crime the police arent even goin to look for them, let alone prosecute them! Politicians are paid hundreds and thousands of pounds of our taxes to runs this supposedly democratic country and yet they dont listen! Get a prime minister who does listen to us and maybe something will get done!

The likelihood of the right thing getting done if the majority of people are listened to is very low. That is because the majority of people hold views like yours.

Quote by patrickmoslin
If british society was fine people wouldn't be getting shot!

If society were perfect than there would be no murders. A perfect society is a bit unrealistic. Fine =/= perfect.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/

With views like those, you are not in a position to be criticising anyone. You are no better than they are.

Quote by Cal UK

1)Felony = crime.
2)Guns aren't that difficult to buy.

Quote by patrickmoslin
If disarming britain meant destroying every single gun available to the public then so be it! Whether your a vintage gun collector or not i dont think anyone should be in the possesion of a gun in the same way i think that if xbox 360's were causing so much trouble i'd happily give mine up to clean up britain!

Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither-

Benjamin Franklin.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Tom Martin
Anyone else notice that all the people there pictured with a gun were characterised either as a black guy or a chav? Nice going channel 4.

When was the last time you heard about an emo shootin someone?
Quote by patrickmoslin

Something tells me that you have a very poor grasp on politics and you probably read the Daily Mail/Sun, Are you Jeremy Clarkson?
MASSIVE TEXT
Quote by Tom Martin

Yeah, 'cause it's all the goths and posh people walking around shooting people People that aren't chavs kill with style, dammit
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by Meths

Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither-

Benjamin Franklin.

A) owning an xbox isn't an ESSENTIAL liberty

B) Who said anything about TEMPORARY security?

I guess Benjamin Franklin didn't know the meaning of the word compromise!
Quote by patrickmoslin
When was the last time you heard about an emo shootin someone?

themselves? It might not be the response you were looking for but it's still true. Guns are still a problem even in these situations...

although there are plenty of other ways to committ suicide which they'd probably prefer anyway
Quote by Meths

Benjamin Franklin.

"In real shit times Gladstonian Liberalism is NOT helpful" - Me.

Admittedly it's not as snappy but it does the job
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Muckle
Something tells me that you have a very poor grasp on politics and you probably read the Daily Mail/Sun, Are you Jeremy Clarkson?

And what do you suggest i read? nuts? zoo?
Page 1 of 4