I had a great thought. Would it be possible to make a petition to Marshall, asking them to either end the MG line or at least make decent SS/bang for the buck tube amps in there place? With UG alone we would have at least 1000+ people sign it. But then theres another problem, my writing skills aren't too good so I'll need a lot of people to agree with me before taking out the time to make a perfect letter to them.

PS. Even if its unlikely to work, you can't have something if you don't ask for it

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Why would they eliminate a money-making product just because a bunch of kids from a forum signed a petition?
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
All aboard the BandWagon!

*3/4 of UG comes running*
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
because they could make it money making without making kids stop playing guitar?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Zeppelin256
Why would they eliminate a money-making product just because a bunch of kids from a forum signed a petition?

Eh I think he's right, I'm sure they make a killing on MGs from kids who want a Marshall but can't afford a good one. Hell, I know 3 kids who have MGs.
Quote by metallicafan616
because they could make it money making without making kids stop playing guitar?

Who on earth stops playing guitar because they have an MG?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I own an MG50DFX, and it really isn't that bad.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
not that I support the MG series but this is just getting annoying.. people are starting threads like this just to jump on the band wagon and fit in..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by metallicafan616

But most don't.

Most kids who buy MGs are starters so it's fine for that.

Obviously there's better thing they could buy, but neither the kids nor marshall want to hear that.

Just leave them be and complain to EXPERIENCED players who buy MGs.

Or we could write to Kerry King and stop telling him to advertise **** products.
Quote by Zeppelin256

+1

Online petitions never work anyway...
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
how about we eliminate you. I can guarantee you haven't played a decent mg , if any.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Why would Marshall do that considering how much money they are making off those people who do not know any better?
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Just don't buy them.

I doubt that a petition will stop a company's feedom to make any product they want, and sell it, just cos some people dont agree with it.

plus, if online petitions worked, bill bailey would have ben prime minister long ago
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Jun 15, 2008,
The best way to protest the MG series is to not buy them.

Educate people on how bad they are via the reviews area on this forum and on musicians friend and guitar center. The invisible hand will come around soon enough.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
The best way to protest the MG series is to not buy them.

Educate people on how bad they are via the reviews area on this forum and on musicians friend and guitar center. The invisible hand will come around soon enough.

Ah but the MG is aimed at beginners, are they that likely to read reviews?

It'll still help more than a petition though.
That's like saying "I think an online forum should take away Squires, epiphones, first act, Yamaha pacificas, Gretsch Electromatic, Fender mexicans and Ibanez Gio series cos they're cheap and not as good as the higher tier option".

As much as I don't like marshall MGs, they aren't meant for gigging and serious playing.

Though in the MGs defense there's this Italian band that plays the Rory Gallagher tribute festival in ireland every year, they can't take all their gear so they just bring their guitars (and sticks ) and use borrowed equipment, the guitarist is usually stuck with an MG, he has it on the clean channel with a couple of pedals in front (liek compression and the likes) and he gets amazing tone out of it believe it or not.
yo, man don't be hatin. i have an mg. i ca'nt afford any of dat new ****. its all about he benjamins baby. they're doing a good thing making amps that are affordable and have decent sound for practicing. i feel i got what i payed for, its not like ur losing anything if u don't buy it. so ya, don't end the mg line. just petition for the other thing u wanted.
Quote by metallicafan616
I had a great thought. Would it be possible to make a petition to Marshall, asking them to either end the MG line or at least make decent SS/bang for the buck tube amps in there place? With UG alone we would have at least 1000+ people sign it. But then theres another problem, my writing skills aren't too good so I'll need a lot of people to agree with me before taking out the time to make a perfect letter to them.

PS. Even if its unlikely to work, you can't have something if you don't ask for it

your an idiot.
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
If you want to eliminate them all, then you'll need to get mine. You can have it for £150.
"Please Marshall, stop selling your most popular product because the internet doesn't like it"

Yeah, that'll work.
Quote by kill 'em pretty
your an idiot.

*cough*IRONY*cough*

On topic, MG's are beginner amps. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Simple as that. If you say there are amps out there worth their price, go out there and buy them then.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.