Poll: How many countries have you been to/lived in?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many countries have you been to/lived in?
I've never been out of my country.
30 16%
I've visited a few foreign lands. (1-4 countries)
73 39%
I've visited a lot of foreign places. (5+)
44 24%
I've lived in a few countries. (1-4)
12 6%
I've lived in many countries. (5+)
1 1%
I've lived in and visited a few countries. (1-4)
8 4%
I've lived in and visited quite a few countries. (5+)
19 10%
Voters: 187.
Page 1 of 2
I've noticed that a lot of my friends and at lot of people in the Pit have never been outside of their own country before. I'm curious just how much % of the Pit have lived or have been outside of their cultural borders.

So far, I have lived in three countries and have visited 5 others. A friend of my dad's has liven in 23 countries before and has journeyed almost all over the world. So, what about UG?

PS - Being in the Pit constantly does not count as living in Russia.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Lived in two countries. Visited a couple of others. I plan to work my ass off until I am 35 and then tour the world for a few years, probably camping out of a tent.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Lived in two countries. Visited a couple of others. I plan to work my ass off until I am 35 and then tour the world for a few years, probably camping out of a tent.

Aiming high, I see
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by darkstar2466

By the time you're 35 I'm sure you can raise enough money to actually rent a place wherever you plan on going.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Lived here all my life, been to a few other countries, the greatest being Belgium, fantastic place to be, the Maccy D's there don't take orders at the counter, they come to you.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Kensai
Aiming high, I see

I plan to get a PhD in Mythology or Archaeology after I tour the world, so I think I'll need at least $200k - $300k to spare. Living like a lavish tourist in foreign countries for more than a month = instant depletion of bank account.

Quote by Reject_666_6
By the time you're 35 I'm sure you can raise enough money to actually rent a place wherever you plan on going.

Not if I am in the middle of the Amazon trying to assimilate into a native tribe...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i am too poor to travel, so ive never been out of the us

but my friend was a foreign exchange student and went to taiwan for 10 months, she just got home yesterday
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by darkstar2466
Not if I am in the middle of the Amazon trying to assimilate into a native tribe...

Rent a hut for booze?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
i live in the us. i went to the middle east when i was younger. stayed for 6 months
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Only been to Canada, which barely counts seeing as it's about a 3 hour trip from here.

Canada is the only other country I have been to, also. And I only went to Niagara Falls and Toronto, for one day.
Last edited by wabuoats at Jun 15, 2008,
I've been to France plenty of times, and Spain a couple. Been to Portugal, Italy and Switzerland once each. I suppose Scotland and Wales don't count as other countries...so 5
I lived in Israel for almost 7 years. I visited Spain.
I was born in Argentina and currently live there.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

been to all of scandinavia(sadly, this was before i liked metal[3rd grade or so])
Canada
japan
Furthest I've been is to Wales. Never abroad.

Sucks but it should change soon-ish.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Kiffa
Lived here all my life, been to a few other countries, the greatest being Belgium, fantastic place to be, the Maccy D's there don't take orders at the counter, they come to you.

Belgium is pretty sweet! I wouldn't mind living there.

My list is:
France
Italy
Croatia
Slovenia
Belgium
Yeah, going to Canada from the US or to the US from Canada is a little vague because the cultural differences are minimal.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Stratwizard
I've visited 20+ countries.

That's awesome! Where have you been to?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I used to live in Philippines, I'm now in the US. Been to Singapore and a bit of Korea.

Planning to go to Mexico, Japan, India, and Pakistan someday.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Been to: loads of greek islands, zante, etc.
Spain
Turkey.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
it seems a lot easier for Europeans considering most of the countries are small and close together where as the US is huge and the countries around it are as well... =/ ive never even been out of the southeast. Traveling costs too much money
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
ive been to scotland, wales, france, belgium, holland and ive driven through germany
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I've been to the US, which I don't think counts, considering it's just an hour drive from where I live.
Quote by urik
That's awesome! Where have you been to?

Uhh... Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Germany, England, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Austria, USA, Canada, Japan, France, Turkey, Andorra... Mostly European countries. There's more that escape my mind right now, though.
nvr left the states. its pretty big so not as big of a deal as if i lived in, say, iceland lol. but i would really like to travel to europe and see britain, switzerland, and maybe france.
It's actually quite fun to go to other countries when everybody assumes that you're a genius for no reason than being from Europe. When I went to the US people thought I was some kind of Einstein because I was from Europe. Ironically, the same thing happened when I went to the UK, and they're actually IN Europe.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
126 countries on 5 continents in the span of 10 years.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by Jackal58
126 countries on 6 continents in the span of 10 years.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that in the Communism thread. You went to all the Communist countries and that made for a nice argument.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Never thought anyone would like Belgium..
I've never been to a McDo where they ordered at your table though..
I've been to the Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Greece (Rhodes Island), Croatia, the Czech Republic and I think that's about it...
Quote by Reject_666_6
I've noticed that a lot of my friends and at lot of people in the Pit have never been outside of their own country before. I'm curious just how much % of the Pit have lived or have been outside of their cultural borders.

So far, I have lived in three countries and have visited 5 others. A friend of my dad's has liven in 23 countries before and has journeyed almost all over the world. So, what about UG?

PS - Being in the Pit constantly does not count as living in Russia.

Where is your evidence for this? Did you take a poll whilst I wasn't looking?
14 countries I've visited.
2 of them I didn't even have to leave our little island for :P

Wales
Scotland
France
Monacco
Germany
Holland (possibly worst holiday ever)
Crete(Greece)
Majorca (It's near spain)
USA
Jamaica
Tunisia
Egypt
Jordan
The Philippines

I'd love to go to Thailand, New Zealand, The Azores, the rest of Europe.

Lots of places I wanna go, still got plenty of time to see em all
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by Reject_666_6
Yeah, I remember you mentioning that in the Communism thread. You went to all the Communist countries and that made for a nice argument.

Just to clarify I haven't visited all of them. Just most of the old Soviet satellite states.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2