Acoustic or Electric for Red Hot Chili Peppers? Which would be better sounding for the majority of their songs?
most red hot chili peppers songs are on an Electric guitar.. what do you think would be better?
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Jun 15, 2008,
If I had to pick one I'd say electric. But their music is so varied and diverse that you'd be hard pressed to find one style of guitar playing to cover them all.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Electric seen as the majority of there songs are played on electric guitar.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Electric easier to replicate there sound with and if you need and acoustic songs you can get some nice effects maybe....?
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Im a begginer, so i dont know, but isnt heir guitar that have a switch so you can easilt change between electric and acoustic?
ya theres a big difference...you definatly cant get the same sound as an acoustic with an electric...but u can get alot closer then an acoustic to an electric
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
Electric. All of their best songs, imo, translate well to acoustic though.
Electric, and get a strat. Gives a good chillis sound.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
For 90% of their songs, you should use some form of single coil Electric guitar, such as a Strat or a Tele, for the closest sound. However, you could play your own acoustic versions without too much difficulty if you tried.
Quote by eric crake
Acoustic or Electric for Red Hot Chili Peppers? Which would be better sounding for the majority of their songs?
electric, dude.... you cant properly do John's solos on an acoustic.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...