I'm lookin to get a good 412 cab and an oppurtunity arose that someone in the area wants to sell a Krank Krankenstein Cab for 500$

dont these usually sell over a grand?

I've never seen a krank in any stores, never played any of their equipment, the speakers in the cab are eminence Texas Heat.

I play everything from Instrumental Rock to Rock/Alternative to Hardcore

is this a good deal for me?

edit: thought id also mention id be plugging it into a H&K Switchblade Head
Last edited by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn at Jun 15, 2008,
Look dude... i've never played one personally... but i was talking to the Sound guy at an Aerosmith concert, and he said he just got done doing Gigantour... he said they had nothing but problems with the Krank equipment. I wouldn't go for it man. Get a used Marshall cab or a Peavey 5150 like mine is, as long as it works and puts out your sound.
Aren't all Kranks Solid State?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I personally don't care for Eminence speakers too much, but yeah, it's still a good cabinet, especially for that price. Obviously play it first and make sure it works right... but that goes without saying.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by Kartman

i actually don't think any kranks are solid state. and plus we're talking cabs here
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
the Krank cabs are awesome man, that's a great deal if everything works right. The Texas Heats are a good speaker. Their cabs are made of solid poplar hardwood, one of the only cabs that is solid hardwood and not a ply. They are roadtested cabs and they are high quality. I have some clips from different amps in my sig if you want to hear the Heats with raw guitar tracks. No post processing at all.

Quickrod thru krankenstein
http://www.netmusicians.org/files/46-quickrodrocker.mp3

Nitro thru krankenstein
http://www.netmusicians.org/files/37-Kranknitro.mp3

Krankenstein+ thru krankenstein
http://www.netmusicians.org/files/82-Krank%2Bclip.mp3

Mark IV thru krankenstein
http://www.netmusicians.org/files/63-Marktest-07.mp3

Quote by Kartman

they have a new one that came out this year called the SST, which is a hybrid all tube preamp combined with a 200W SS mosfet poweramp. The rest of their line is all tube.

Quote by GenmathePanda
Look dude... i've never played one personally... but i was talking to the Sound guy at an Aerosmith concert, and he said he just got done doing Gigantour... he said they had nothing but problems with the Krank equipment. I wouldn't go for it man. Get a used Marshall cab or a Peavey 5150 like mine is, as long as it works and puts out your sound.

this is a really dumb statement. I would have expected more from an 04 member. The construction and quality of the cab, along with the speakers used, have a major overall affect on the sound of an amp. A crappy cab can make even the best heads sound like garbage.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jun 15, 2008,
haha thanks man, and thanks a load for the clips

and i dont see how i could get so many complications from a cab, nothin a good resoldering cant fix if anythin happens

if its a blown speaker, well... thatll be as a result of me just enjoying myself too much

i think im gonna go for it, just cuz of how good of a deal it is, and on the clips here and youtube the cab sounds good
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
haha thanks man, and thanks a load for the clips

and i dont see how i could get so many complications from a cab, nothin a good resoldering cant fix if anythin happens

if its a blown speaker, well... thatll be as a result of me just enjoying myself too much

i think im gonna go for it, just cuz of how good of a deal it is, and on the clips here and youtube the cab sounds good

np

you aren't going to need to resolder anything man. They use quality hardware inside and out. The cabs are tough as nails. They have excellent craftsmanship, they list at like $999 street price new. I had a bunch of different high end cabs, and this is one of the best I've owned. Great sound and quality. You won't blow the speakers either, they are rated at 150W RMS, each...
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jun 15, 2008,
the Krank cabs are awesome man, that's a great deal if everything works right. The Texas Heats are a good speaker. Their cabs are made of solid poplar hardwood, one of the only cabs that is solid hardwood and not a ply. They are roadtested cabs and they are high quality.+1. I would jump on that deal. Krank cabs sound great and are of superb quality.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Krank heads aren't that great at all.
The cabs are decent.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!