Well we just finished this song with a friend of mine and noticed the main riff kinda reminds us of a certain melodeath bands song. So we'd like to know if you can hear it too so that we can change it if necessary.

I won't say the bands name because then everybody would of course hear that it's "similar" but the band in question is a widely known melodeath band and the song is probably from their most known record. Just tell me if you think "Bah this sounds just like *insert song*" when the riff starts.
Attachments:
Redmoon.zip
Last edited by Revolverileo at Jun 15, 2008,
its not letting me open it

EDIT: i tried extracting files and it says there are none

are you sure thats the right folder?
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
its not letting me open it

Wierd. I tried downloading and opening the file and it worked fine
well theres someone else up there who says its not working for him either
can you try attaching it again please?
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
well theres someone else up there who says its not working for him either
can you try attaching it again please?

Ok done. Turned my firewall off this time, maybe it was the cause.
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
hm
it's still not working for me

Hmm I used WinRar to turn it into a rar file and then just changed the file extension to .zip are you trying to extract it with Winzip? Maybe that's what's causing the error. I'll go download winzip and try uploading again.
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
that seems like it could be the problem
post when youre done uploading again, alright?

Ok uploaded again. The file size went from 14KB to 15KB so I hope it means that it will work this time
Works fine. And it sounds sweet. I really like what you did here. I can't guess what the band you mentioned is, but I like the sound of it! Solo was pretty good I guess, could have been better maybe, but otherwise it was really good! Great job.
8.5/10
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Quote by xxCHANCExx
Works fine. And it sounds sweet. I really like what you did here. I can't guess what the band you mentioned is, but I like the sound of it! Solo was pretty good I guess, could have been better maybe, but otherwise it was really good! Great job.
8.5/10

Thanks The song was actually Blinded by Fear by At The Gates. One of our band members just said that the starting riff sounded like the one in that song and we didn't really know if we should keep it or scrap it.
As long as you don't think it sounds too much like that song, I say keep it.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
****ing sexsi as hell. Melodeath is the way to go <3. Anyway I like the Gothenburg influences that you got from ATG/DT/IF and yeah it does kinda sound like BBF but that's because it's mostly in Harmonic minor and that's just a key scale that most MDM bands use for their songs it's similar but not exact so I'd say keep it. Also, the outro is ****ing beautiful man. 9/10. Cya!