Page 1 of 2
NO MORE JUDGING SPOTS!

NO MORE CONTESTANT SPOTS!!

Alright, I wanna start this up again. The first two I've done in the past were both big successes, hopefully this one will be as well! I'll be taking the rules from the old thread. Rules are simple:

- Must be metal. Any type of metal is fine, as long as it's metal.
- Any instrument can be used, sound effects, synth etc.
- Vocals not necessary
- No ripping off other bands
- Backing tracks are allowed

The deadline is gonna be Monday June 30. This is for both signing your name up and submitting a link to your entry.

I need four judges to judge this thing after the entries have been submitted. After the judges give their verdict, there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd official winner. After that, I think it would be fun to have a public poll put up as kind of a "popular vote". There will then be the 1st 2nd and 3rd popular winners.

When signing up, please post your username, bandname, song name and a link to the song respectively. This will make my job a whole lot easier and cut down on any errors.

I will update this post with the names and links of the bands and their songs. Any questions can be answered here. If you miss the deadline, then there's no second chances, unless a majority of the entrants have failed to meet the deadline.

That said, let's get this thing started!

Entrants:

NovemberRain273 - Ashen Spire - The Lotus Tree
XPestilenceX - Sickening Creation - The Sun Will Never Rise Again
Sykonatiac - Joshua - Prelude to a Dream
beyondthegrave - Vicious Acts of Violence - Torture in Your Dreams
Dream Pin - This Tortured Machine - Tides
James_het_rules - Jordan Miles - Seven Stringdom Asylum
Say Ocean - Say Ocean - Low
StealthyHayze - StealthyHayze - Project1
puppetzmaster8 - puppetzmaster8 - To the Waves
Boucho - Boucho - Sanity's Requiem
spoonfulofshred - Greg Rushton - Smoke Signal

Judges:

Townson[BTE]44
whatadrag
King Baby Duck
Wigert

Reminder: The judges will be required to give a small "commentary" on each song, as was done in the past. I found this to make it a lot more fun and seem a lot more professional. So if you're not up to the challenge, or are going to disappear midway through the contest (which has happened before), please do not volunteer. Thanks!

An example of how you will be judging is here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9761204&postcount=98

Each judge will give a a similar to that example. Then, each contestant will have a score from each judge over 10. The scores will be added up, and each contestant will then have a total score over 40. The highest scores win!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Jun 26, 2008,
Haha sure guys, but just read the reminder I put up. If you're not up to it, let me know from now

Ah, I take the last judge place?
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
I'm not very well known or anything around here, but I'd be glad to be a judge.

EDIT : lol I guess I posted waay to slow. Oh well, no biggy. Maybe I'll post a track instead, though I'm not promising anything.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

its cool I've got plenty of time in the wee hours of the night/morning, so I'm down wit it.

So how do we judge? you know, where do we post our opinions.
Haha alright sweet, no more judge spots.

Sykonatiac i won't put you down for now, if you still wanna participate, let me know.

Thanks jimm89

Alright whatadrag, basically you're gonna be posting the results in this thread once the deadline is over. It's gonna look something like this: (taken from the previous contest thread) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9761204&postcount=98

ashen spire- there was definately alot of thought that went into the song. overall the song was pretty epic. the solo around 8:45 melted my face. the first of it sounded like it had some dimebag influences thrown in.

<---- metal.
Go ahead and sign me up November. I'll submit a song, I won't promise that it'll be any good, I have written or recorded a song in sometime(I've just been practicing scales and licks and stuff), but I'll get one up...before the deadline too.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos

Sign me up lads

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=774890&songID=6556567

Band name: This Tortured Machine (yeah we changed our name, but Soundclicks lame and makes you email them the new name, and I simply can't be bothered. I only put stuff on soundclick for UG really.)

Song name: Tides
My Entry, just made it this morning :P. Yes I know the vocals/solos suck but please be nice, I've only be playing guitar for like 9 months. Also, this was recorded at a very low level because I don't actually have a mic, I just recorded through head phones plugged into the mic slot on the comp so you can record through the head phones, but it comes out ****ty as hell. Anyway, that's my entry Mr. NR.

SN: XPestilenceX

Band Name: Sickening Creation

Song Name: The Sun Will Never Rise Again

Song Link: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/sickeningcreation/music/all/play331851
Alright guys this is great, I'm gonna take another 5 people and then close the participant positions

Alright guys, there's only one contestant spot left.

I'd like to enter Sanity's Requiem from my profile, its a little slower in the first half but it was done on a 7 string and it has a heavy ass breakdown and solo so i figured it is worhty of a metal contest.

Song name: Sanity's Requiem
Username: Boucho
Band: n/a
Last edited by Boucho at Jun 19, 2008,
Ill enter. Is it ok if I use a song that isn't really recorded but good midi and already posted? If not Im out since my computer has a broken soundcard right now so I can't record or even make a new song. If so, my song is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xn4pgxj4xys
Alright guys since you both posted before I could check the thread, I took both of you in despite saying there's only one more spot.

1crazyboy7, I'm sorry but considering how we're already over the limit, I'm gonna have to decline your entry since it is midi. Hopefully by the next contest (and I don't know when that's going to be RPGoof) you'll have your soundcard fixed

Anyways, looks like all we're waiting for now is Sykotaniac!

ok, Im working on a new song on guitar now. It has many new influences so itll be something new and fresh, ill probably like it better anyway. Hopefully I get my soundcard fixed soon.
I hear yah November...I'm trying. But seeing as I've spent the last 3 to 4 months learning stuff more related to Slash and GNR and Extreme and just good old fashioned rock I've been having a hard time writing a real metal song. Don't worry I've got like 4 or 5 riffs so far...just gotta come up with a solo and get all those riffs to flow and then I'm done. Two..three more days tops.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos

It's okay man, don't rush yourself. You've still got time

sounds like some one is a fan of heir apparent
Epiphone les paul ultra- SD dist&jazz
schecter hellraiser 7

Peavey 5150 212 signature amp
fender pro junior
vox ad15
spider 2 75

maxon ts808
boss me 50
boss bf-2 flange
DOD YJM od
BBE sonic stomp
Okay..my crappy song is uploaded. Things didn't quite work out, I had a pretty decent(imo) song all figured out. But then I had problems with my computer and crap. First I ended up borrowing my dads Marshall MG30DFX amp, because my Vox AD50VT completely overload the input on my computer, the sound was all messed up and grainy. Plus I couldn't record with my drum track like I had planned, because the recording would skip in someplaces, which would either mess me up or throw the guitar and drums out of sync. But instead of give up and quit I just uploaded what I managed to do. The only thing I ask is...I only started learning lead and soloing 3 months ago, so keep that in mind.

Username: Sykonatiac
My name: Joshua
Song name: Prelude to a Dream
Link: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sykonatiac/

If any of you are interested I'll post a link to the GP4 file(I tabbed it out so I could add drums and bass) and you can get an idea of what I had planned.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos

WHOAH! this contest flew right under the radar for me.. i guess thats what happens when i don't pay attention.

oh well, its just as well since i don't have any new material that I could submit. best of luck to all participants!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
so since all the contestant spots are filled and entries are in i think we should just judge them already?
I already Pm'ed the judges last night, and Kivarenn82 is going to be filling in for one of the judges who got banned.

Quote by StealthyHayze
Man, on UG you know someone one day and the next their banned :\

Seriously, its crazy. At least most of the time its not a perma-ban, though even sometimes that happens. Answer? Don't know anyone! Be aloof and snobbish!

Sorry...I'll stop spamming the Metal Contest thread, I'm just in a really good mood. For once I don't have to work Saturday and neither does my girlfriend, so we get to spend the whole day together.

A lot of good songs submitted here everyone. I'm not a judge, but I'm writing my own review of the songs, just for the heck of it, I'll post it when I'm done.

Later all!
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos

Page 1 of 2